2.8

'WHY THE HECK IS HE WORKING WITH VAMPIRES?!?! DOESN'T HE KNOW THE TREADIES?!?' I hear James yell in my mind.

'I dot know why, but I have to make sure he's not working with anyone else. Can you stay here and listen while I tell Adam?'

'No. Go ahead, I'll tell you when we are about to leave.'

'Okay. Thank you James. You're suck a big help.' I gave him a Wolfie smile before trotting off quietly back to my parents house.
I walk in through the back door and nod to my parents. I go into my room and shift. Adam should be awake by now.
"Harper? Is everything okay? do I need to came an get you?"
"No! No, I'm fine. But Chris is working with Vampires. Have you fought against them before?"
"Once or twice but my newer warriors will have to catch up. They aren't very easy to take down."
"Have the elders read up on it. We can do our own research when I get back?"
"When are you getting back Harpie?"
"Harpie?"
"Yes. It's your new nickname. Now when are you coming home?"
"As soon as I know that he isn't working with anyone else."
"Okay. I miss you a lot."
"I miss you too."
"Come home please?"
"Not yet. But, I am working with someone. His name is James and my dad kinda knows him."
"Wait. James is a he? Why are you around other men other than your father? Harper, you better not be leaving me!"
"I'm not!! I needed James' help and he is very helpful."
"Okay. I'll call you later okay? Luke need me."
"Okay."
He hung up and I checked in with James. I heard a soft knock and opened the door slowly. "Hey mom."
"Hey sweetie. Are you almost done here? Not that we want you to leave, we just think that Adam needs you."
"I'll be gone soon. As sure and I know that Chris isn't working with anyone else, I'll leave."
"Okay. Be careful."
"I will. I love you."
"I love you more."
"No you don't."
"Yes I do."
"You can love me more today. But I get to love you more tomorrow."
"Fine. Bye bye Harpie."
"Bye bye Adam."
I hung up and dad said lunch was dinner was ready. I walked to the dinner table and sat down. Mom gave me a plate with a taco on it and I ate hungrily. Dad started the conversation.
"So, do you think that Alpha Chris has any chance of winning?"
"Yes. But not a very high chance. Adams pack is strong. He trained me and the whole pack personally, we're not easy to beat." I say.
"After all this is over, your father and I would love to join you guys." Mom says.
"Really?! That's amazing!! We can go on picnics, and go to the park, and get ice cream!!"
"Harper aren't you a little too old for those kind of things?" Dad asks.
"No. I think I'm the perfect age." I respond.
"Okay sweetie. Are you going back out tonight?"
"Yes. But I'm not taking James with me this time."
"Okay. Be safe."
"I will."
I help my mom wash the dishes and get ready for another night on Chris's roof.
I spray myself down and kiss both my parent on the cheek before heading to Chris's house.
Only when I get there.... It's swarming with vampires. They're even on the roof. Shoot!!
"Hey Jim? I think I see something." A man starts walking in my direction, another guy following him.
I take off running an they follow. They're easily faster than my human form, so I shift.
"Shit! It's a wolf!!" The other guy says.
"We've taken down more wolves than anyone else Jim, we're fine."
I run even faster and jump over a fallen tree. I dodge things easily, since I'm so small. I look back quickly, they're still following me.
I see a bunch of rocks a head and see that they go pretty high up. I immediately go faster and jump on the first one.
I go to the next rock and keep going until I'm higher then them. They catch up quickly am I look for another rock.
I go to the edge, the next one is father than the rest. It looks impossible. I look down and see the long drop.
I look back at the vampires and they're really close. I look back at the rock and back all the way up. I sprint and kick off with my hind legs.
Everything seems to go in slow motion as I soar through the air. A vampire tried to reach out to me, but missed by less than an inch.
My paws slammed on the rock and I looked at them in disbelief. I let out a howl of victory and knew that the vamps can't jump this far.
They looked at me and glared. I sat and played innocent. They both cursed and sighed. They turned around and walked back.
I laid down and put my head on my aching paws. Tired and thirsty from running so hard. I close my eyes but stay alert.

But, slowly, I drift off to sleep....

I was awoken by a deep growl. I immediately woke up and got into a fighting stance. I looked at the brown and white wolf, it was Alpha Chris.
'What are you doing in my lands Harper?!' He demanded an answer.
'Visiting my parents. I was on a run while your men tried to attack me.' I tell the half truth.
'I don't remember giving you permission to be on my lands.'
'I figured since you can enter our lands without permission I could do the same.'
'You thought wrong.' He was growling and I knew he had a bloodlust. I was starting to get one also.
'My apologies then. I'll be leaving.' I turned and Rose my tail since I can't flip my hair.
'No you won't.'
He attempted to pounce on me, but I moved quickly. He was really slow. His claws scratched at my fur and I jumped back. This rock isn't the biggest.
I ran between his legs and went up the rocky steps. He followed and snapped at my legs.
My bloodlust grew and we got on higher, but bigger land. If either of us fall, it would definitely end in death.
He jumped at me and I didn't the same. I growled and bit down on his ear. I tore off a little piece and heard him whimper before growling again.
I kicked my hind legs at him and he fell to the rocky surface. I got lower to the ground and growled. I was in full control of my wolf, and she didn't like that.
'Give me all control. We can defeat him faster.'
'No. The plan isn't to kill him.'
'Then I won't. I'll only knock him out until we can get back safely.'
'...... Fine.'
I let her have full control and watched from a distance. I knew she could do this.

Harper's Wolf's POV---

Chris was still on the ground and I jump on him. I clawed at his sides and his sandy fur turned to a deep red. I bit on his neck harsh-fully, he threw me off and I teamed my head into his chest. He fell back down at hit is head. I saw his breathing slow down and his eyes close. He was out. I gave control back to Harper, we have to get back to Adam, now.