2.7

I woke up to a soft knock and my eyes fluttered open. I sat up slowly and rubbed my eyes. "We made pancakes." My mom says before I hear her retreating footsteps.
I smile and open the window. I look out at the endless fields in from of me and sigh. If only I could grow up here.
I take one last look before getting my clothes and bathroom stuff and walking to the bathroom. I start the water and put on Adams playlist before stepping in.
I shampoo my hair and rise it out. I shave my pits and put in my conditioner. I wash my body and rise out my hair and rise off my body. I reach out to grab the towel and wrap it around my body.
I dried off in the shower a little before stepping out. I turned the music off and brushed my hair. I put in my black jeans and black sweater. I know, way too hot do a werewolf to be wearing in Africa. But, I need to stay hidden.

'Or you could let me out.'

'You make too much nose."

'It's better than dying from a heat stroke. Think of our mate.'

'Fine. But you better keep it down! If we get caught then Adam will have to save us.'

'I will.'

I put my almost-dry hair in a pony tail and walk out. I walk into the kitchen to see dad reading a news paper and drinking coffee. Mom is doing the dishes.
On the table sits the most delicious plate of pancakes I have ever seen. I eat it all immediately and wash my hand from the syrup. It's almost 10:55. That means it's about 4:55 in the morning where Adam is. I'll call him later.
"You don't need to leave yet do you?" Dad asks.
"No. I'll leave at two. What are you guys doing today?"
"I'm watching over the pups while your dad goes look over the new trackers." My says.
"What time do you have to leave?" I ask.
"Around noon." They say at the same time.
I nod my head and go into the living room. I turn on the tv and flip through the channels. I find an episode of American Horror Story and remember the first time I watched it.
My phone started buzzing and it was from an unknown number. "Hello?" I ask.
"What will it take for me to be on your team?" A male voice says.
"Who are you?" My parents look at me more interested in the conversation.
"My name is James. I was on patrol when you were climbing onto the roof of Alpha Chris's house. I know you're spying on him and I want in."
"Why would you want in?"
"One, I have more experience than you. Two, he hasn't been normal for the past few months and I heard something about an attack. I want to know al about it."
"How do I know you're not going to kill me?"
"I want out of this pack just as much as your parents do. Alpha Chris needs to be stopped. I want to help stop him."
"Meet me under Chris's balcony at 2:35. We will be in wolf form for today."
"I'll see you then."
I hung up and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. "It was a man named James. He wants to help me spy on Chris. He thinks Chris should be stopped and want to help stop him." I say.
"Oh. James? I know him. He's about 20 years old. Unmated, is one of our best warriors." Dad says.
"Okay. So I'm not working with a killer."
"I've only talked to him a few times, by you should be okay."
"That's good."
"I anything happens call us immediately." Mom says.
"I will."
"Okay. You have three more hours." Dad says.
"I'll just watch tv."
I continue to watch American Horror Story until it's 1:45. I decided to leave early and said my goodbyes.
I shifted in my room and grabbed all my stuff I took last night in my mouth. I nodded to my mom who sprayed me down to mask my scent. She put the bottle in my bag for James and I ran through the fields and I to the woods.
I dodged trees and jumped over logs all the way until I saw the pack house. It was half an hour before I told James to meet me. I stayed in the woods until I had three minutes.
I crouched under his balcony and a sandy brown wolf with white paws and chest walked up. Thank god all wolves can mind link besides mates.

'Are you James?' I ask.

'Yes. What's your name?'

'Harper. Chris has a meeting with some people at three. We'll wait until we can barley smell their scent then follow them. In my bag I have a spray to mask your scent. Shift back and spray it on.'

'Someone likes to give orders.' He says shifting back. He's really attractive. But not as attractive as Adam.

'I'm a Luna. It's kind of my job.'

'Woah. You're a Luna? For who?'

'Alpha Adam.'

'Oh. Congrats.' He says shifting back.

'Thank you. How did you get my phone number?'

'I can pull strings I I need to Harper.'

'They're leaving in ten minutes.'

'What's it like in America?'

'It's nice. I've only been in one pack before. Besides traveling, which isn't often.'

'Are the people nice?'

'In my pack yes. In others, I can't say the same.'

'I have a feeling you and I are going to be good friends.'

'I hope so. You seem nice.'

'Likewise.'

'Are you really childish? You seem like you are.'

'Not often.' I lie.

'Hmm. You look like the type of wolf that would chase butterflies.'

'I have before. When I was a pup.'

'Really? I still do that! Butterflies are evil!'

'We have to go now.'

'Lead the way boss woman.'

I roll my eyes and walk into the woods. James is close behind and we walk quietly in a trot. James starts singing some song in my head and I roll my eyes.
The scent stops moving and I know they reached their destination. I lead James closer until we reach a clearing. Alpha Chris stand among his people and in front of him is....

Sorry for the cliff hanger!! I would just like to thank you all! I'm honestly so happy. This is the best any of my books have done and I can't be more thankful.
Love you!!!
Comment!!!
Vote!!!!
Share!!!!