2.9

I ran home, my paws hurting even more. I knocked on the door with my head and my dad answered. I trotted into my room and shifted back. I put on clothes and walked into the living room.
"What's wrong?" Mom asks me noticing my fearful eyes.
"I took down Alpha Chris. He'll be out for a few hours. I have to leave."
"Oh. Okay Harper. Go get packed." Dad says.
I run into the room and lazily pack everything up. I grab my phone and call Adam. "Hey Harper. You okay?"
"I kinda am. Chris found me. I knocked him out for a few hours. I'm taking the next plane back."
"Oh my. Are you hurt? Why didn't you just kill him?"
"I am not going to kill someone Adam. I have a few scratches but I'm fine."
"Okay. Be safe getting here. This battle will come sooner than we thought."
"Okay. See ya in a few hours."

I zipped up my suitcase and rolled it to the kitchen. Mom was typing away at her laptop, getting the plane ticket. "Harper, why didn't you kill him? it would've saved you guys a whole lot of trouble." dad asks.

"Because I cant kill. No matter how much I wanted too, I couldn't."

"We have your ticket. Next plane is in forty minutes." Mom said closing her computer while dad got the keys.

We all ran to the car and dad sped to the airport. I should get there with twenty or so minutes before my plane boards. Mom and Dad gave me a rundown of safety things before I hugged them both and raced through the airport. I got past security without a problem and saw I have five minutes left. I sat in a waiting chair and caught my breath. The woman next to me was trying to feed one baby his bottle while the toddler ran around. She looks like she could use some help.

"Ma'am? Would you like some help?" I ask. she looks at me with relief and sighs.

"Yes.That would be wonderful. Can you give Timothy his bottle while I see what wrong with Conrad?"

"Of course I can!!" She hands me the baby and he finishes his bottle quickly. She talks to her son and he calms down. I hand her back Timothy a the same time my plane was called.

I get on the plane and find my seat. I text Adam that I'm on my way and he told me he'll be there to pick me up. I miss Adam. Its been only a few days and I miss him like crazy. My wolf isn't happy I left him for s long, but she'll live. 'I want Adam.' She says quietly.

'I want Adam too.' I tell her.

'I've been talking to his wolf. hen we get back, we should go on a run.'

'Today wasn't enough running?'

'I meant a relaxing run.'

'Oh. If Adam wants too, I'm down with it.'

'Since when do you say "down with it"?'

'No clue. Maybe we're finally becoming normal!!!'

'YAY!!! We should throw a party.'

'No. You know I don't do parties.'

'Dang it.'

'I'm gonna sleep now. Tell Adams wolf I said "hi".'

'Will do Harper. Now get some rest so we can see Adam sooner!!!!'

I lean my head against the window and close my eyes. Due to the extreme running today, I fall asleep almost instantly.....

I wake up as the plane is landing and told Adam I landed. He said he was already here and I got off. I got my bags and headed toward where he said he parked. A little kid ran in front of me causing m to stop suddenly. The father of the kid apologizes and moves along. I spot Adam's car and mentally do the happy dance.

I run up to the car and Adam opens his door to hug me. I wrap my arms around his neck and burry my face in his chest. My wolf silently purrs at Adam's scent. "Mmmmmm. I missed you." He coos in my ear.

"I missed you too." I nuzzle his chest and smile.

"Can we skip pack work today and just cuddle?" He asks starting to kiss up and down my neck.

"We should really figure out our plan for when the attack."

"We have a plan. You and I will get the women and children to the safe house, while the warriors shift and fight pack. for the rest of this week I'm having all forces on guard at all ties so they wont start fighting without someone seeing. Noowww can cuddle?"

"Nope. We got to get home!!"

He groans loudly and I get in the car giggling. Adam buckles me in and kisses my temple before getting in on his side. He starts the car and we drive out of the parking garage. Adam grabs my hand and kisses it sweetly. I smile at him and look out the window.

We arrive at the pack house where I'm supposed to share the information I got. I'm a nervous wreak as e walk in. "Don't worry about it. All you have to do is the same thing you did with that warrior. Act like you're talking to me." He whispers as we walk up.

"For the short time I was gone' I learned quite a few things. One is that, Alpha Chris is working with vampires. Another is that, if we lose this battle, which I doubt we will for reasons I'll tell you later, he plans on enslaving all of us. I'm back with you all today because Chris and I had a small fight. Chris is not easy to knock down, but he isn't a very good fighter. I knocked him out and I'm the size of a rabbit. I have lots of faith that we will win. Any questions or comments?" I sigh in relief and a few hands go up.

"How many vampires are working with Chris?" One man asks.

"From my knowledge, one coven. Maybe more, maybe less." I say.

"What do you want us women and children to do?" An elderly woman asks.

"Stay indoors unless absolutely necessary. As for the men, all forces at all time until the end of this week." Adam answers. "Is that all?" Everyone nods and I yawn.

Everyone flows out of the pack house and Adam wraps his arms around me from behind. I ret my head on hi chest ad close my eyes. He lets out a chuckle and I smile. "Is my baby girl tired?" he asks softly. I nod my head and e turn me to face him. "Jump up. I'll carry you to the car." I lazily jump and he wraps my legs around his waist. I nuzzle into his neck and kiss his shoulder.

We arrive at our house and Adam carries me into the living room. He lays me on the couch and kisses my lips softly. I missed his kisses. I cuddle into the side of the couch and fall asleep to the ound of Adam cooking.....