Chapter 16

No proofreading.

"James, we'll go first," one of the dancers said as they picked up their things at the corner of the room. James just nodded and replayed the song to start again rehearsing alone.

It was 11 o'clock in the evening and now, James again left all alone at the practice room 'What's new?' He sat on the floor and rested his back at the wide mirror. He sighed and ran his hand on his wet hair. He's been at the building for 48 hours. He'll just go home to take a bath and get some of his things; he was practically living already here at the Viva Building. He doesn't have anyone to stay at home anyway, except Shere Khan, and it was all left empty.

He's been frustrated on the past 48 hours of his life. He never gets frustrated over the things he can't understand and doesn't have a possession to because he usually never mind about it. But thing's changing, differently.

"Agh!" he threw away his hat and punched the floor beside him. It was painful, yet he was just looking directly at his reflection at the mirror across him. He was trying if he can suppress the pain, trying if he could fake his expression and never let his face show that he was hurt, really hurt.

James was thinking about the twins. He really loves them so much. He never felt so good every time he is with the twins. He was in his pure happiness. His treasure, his wealth. He only have Sebbie and Ollie, why is Nadine being so selfish? He doesn't care if she would date every guy in the world, as long as she lets him see the twins, be with the twins and be a father to them.

He played the songs that he'll perform at the wide studio as he practice alone. He continued on dancing, even though he knew that it was already a perfect performance, he didn't stop and drain all his wet on the dance floor.

He kept on jumping and kicking at his song when suddenly, his left foot slipped as it landed at the hard floor. He grumbled and coiled on the floor while holding his left foot, screaming in pain. No one heard him since only few people were left at the building, and most of them stay at the lobby. He wanted to stand up but he can't move his foot since it hurts more. His right hand doesn't have enough strength to give his body a support since he injured it a while ago.

He was weeping in pain, silently. Cursing the world if why is it happening to him. Maybe, everything that was happening to him was his karma for what he did to Nadine. He knew he wasn't that responsible boyfriend to her before but he never thought about leaving her.

He shut his eyes close but the image of him and the twins with Nadine looking so happy were playing on his mind. It was his fantasy that he wanted to appear on his reality. It was painful for him to imagine and so he opened his eyes and saw his reflection, crying in pain, alone.

--

"Can't you just stay here for a little longer?" Luis asked once he got the chance to talk to Nadine alone. He was at her place. He only got a little chance to talk to her, in three hours, he will fly back to China for his business.

"You know that I can't. It's very risky, Luis. You know that I can't just go out with you. We're still on the vision lines of the people around. They won't stop talking negative things about us, and what will happen if they found out that I am the mother of James Reid's twins? That would be the end of me, of us. And if that happen, how about my twins? They will get humiliated at the age of six," Nadine explained to him. He just wishes that they'll stay for a little longer since they haven't seen each other for a long time. He really missed her but he can't just throw a fit to it because at the first place, he knew he wasn't the priority. Nadine has children to look for and the public eyes to be look out.