Chapter 22

"Nadine?"

"Yes?"

"Do you still like James?"

"What? No!" I answered him.

He was just looking directly to his front and nodded. "Okay."

NADINE

I woke up with a huge grin on my face. It's been days after the event of Tianny yet the euphoria never left my sentiment. I just can't easily erase this smile on my face. It's really good to feel happy and smile after the things that just happened on me. I can't believe I'm still alive and kicking—thanks for the twins and Luis who still keep on holding me down to live.

"Hi Ate, good morning! You seem so happy!" Isaiah greeted me once I walked out of my room. No one shares room with me since the twins were with me.

I took a seat on the kitchen island and watched Ice murder the eggs. He's not that bad on cooking but I would prefer if he gives up on the idea of being a cook.

"I'm just so happy that Luis is here in Manila," I replied.

I really wanted to have a quality time with Luis while he's here to cover up the times that we were away for work. I'm not an overly attached and obsessed girl, I just missed him so much.

Ice placed the food in front of me and I stared at it before taking it on my mouth. Luis has a part of him that makes me like him more. He has his wits, he's talented and he makes my world brighter. He is esoteric, just like me, only few people know who I really am.

I was holding my phone when it started vibrating.

Luis calling...

It's just a phone call but why do I feel like I've run 20km dash? Why am I panicking?

Ice looked at me laughing and shaking his head in amusement.

I sneered at him and then stood up to answer the call. Distance really makes me feel surreal. Why am I panicking? He'd been calling my phone for almost three years yet my heart wanted to leap out on my chest.

"Hey," I said once I settled myself inside my room.

"Did I wake you up?" he replied.

I am 26 years old yet I am acting like I am a teenage girl who just saw their crush.

"No. I was already up. Why?"

"I see... Nadz, can we have lunch later?"

"Oh, sure."

"Alright, see you later?"

"Okay," then I ended the call.

When I went back to finish my breakfast, Ice asked. "Are you going somewhere?"

I nodded. Luckily, I have no schedules for today.

After hours, I arrived at the café where we will meet. I waited for almost 10 minutes for he texted me that he was stuck by the fans.

I was looking at him religiously while he was walking. Luckily, this place is somehow secluded from the high way. He looked so cute. Screw those who were saying that nobody's perfect because Luis is just too perfect for me. I am so lucky for that because out of all people who likes him and deserves him more, he chose to be with someone who's a disgrace on her family, who got pregnant outside marriage but I don't care if what other people say. As long as we could still be together, I will never let him go. I know Luis loves me, for he will not endure those criticisms and bashes that people throw to us. I don't know how to give back that love and cares he gave to me other than returning that favor and giving him the assurance that he well deserves.