Chapter 21

NADINE

Reporter: As what you could notice, many fans were camping outside of Le' Grimhold Prestige Hotel to witness and to catch a sight of their favorite celebrities and socialites as they attend the grand opening of Phosphene, which is owned by model Christianna Collings! Here's the footage of the presscon of Phosphene...

Reporter : Are you dating, Ms. Tianny? Perhaps, citizens and witnesses said that it is a Reid, am I right?

Tianny: Yes, I am dating a Reid.

Reporter : Miss Tianny, will he be here later?

Tianny: That's all for tonight, guys. Thank you everyone for coming.

I am inside the Grand Ballroom of Le' Grimhold Prestige Hotel together with my squad other well-known people from the Philippines, South Korea, Japan and China to witness the Private Grand Opening of Phosphene which is owned by Tianny. If you think Tianny and I were on good terms now, then I'll tell you it is not. We still can't be, but I know time heals all wounds and even if she isn't the one who sent the twins to James, she's still one of those who helped Yassi to do it. She's the cover up, the back-up plan. We are invited to the event because Viva wanted to clear the stories about Tianny.

I am with Luis, thank God he's back. I missed him so much, and I felt sorry for what I did the last time he came into my house and waited for hours but I didn't came, for I was with the twins... and James. There were lots of highly named people present here. It's been days since the confrontation between Yassi and I. I still doesn't feel like doing it 'cause I still hate her. If you'll ask me if I would say sorry for what I am doing, then I will not. I will not make my grounds kneel for the ones who broke me.

As Luis and I roamed around to greet with people, I saw James and not so far from where he was, was Madison. Are they back together? Did they come here together? In one car? Uh. Whatever. I don't care. James informed me that the twins were in Lauren's hand while James is flirting—I mean attending this event with Madison, maybe. I heard that she's here 'cause she's one of those models that Tianny hired to present her products since Tianny said that she's an effective model.

"I'll be back." Luis whispered on my ear to make me hear what he was saying among the loud speakers and chattering of the crowds. I nodded to him then he went away.

Since I am alone, I comforted myself to one of those cocktail tables surrounded the whole place as I took one glass of champagne the waiters were holding.

"Alone?" I was surprised by the sudden voice that whispered to my ear and so I turned to see who it was and my instinct doesn't lie. He's about to ruin my night, for sure.

I glared. "Obviously, James?" I turned my back on him and fixed my eyes to the stage and other guests. Maybe people would notice that we are talking, that we knew each other, or maybe they would notice the tension between us.

"I saw how your eyes twinkled while talking to him. Are you always like that whenever you're with him?" he asked.

"I did nothing. Leave me alone," then I tried to recall how I reacted when I was holding Luis' hand when we roamed around the huge event room. I didn't ask my eyes to twinkle. I think it's normal if you're looking to one of your precious belongings.

I really don't want to talk with James right now because I know he'll just bug me out and make me angry. All I need for tonight is an air to breathe. I've been carrying all these piled up burdens about James when Tianny added into it and what made it heavier was when Yassi whom I was the closest with betrayed me.