Chapter 18

No one could ever explain what James' feeling was when his daughter called him, whispering, sounds so afraid saying that Sebbie was hurt by their own mother and she felt so afraid that she will hurt her too. Though he can't walk properly because of his ankle, he forced himself to stand up and went to her place to get what he must need to get. As he forced himself to walk properly, he tried not to express the pain that it caused him. He thought that this is the right time to take an advantage towards her for having custody of the twins. If he can't get it by asking properly, he'll make sure he could get it by crook.

Republic of the Philippines

Department of Justice

CITY PROSECUTION OFFICE

Robert James Reid

Complainant,

-versus-

Defendant

For: Violation of R.A 9262

Violence Against Women and their Children

x-----------------x

COMPLAINT - AFFIDAVIT

COMPLAINT FOR CHILD MALTREATMENT

Complainant Robert James Reid files this complaint against Defendant -- and alleges as follows:

NATURE OF THE ACTION

This is an action for maltreating her son with verbal abuse under R.A 9262 Violence against Women and their Children act. As set forth in detail below, -- violated R.A 9262 by hitting her son and verbally abused him. Medical report states that the son had a blood clot and wound on right shoulder, three fingers were seen marked on right cheek and the child was suffering from a traumatic experience.

As Nadine reads the contents of the paper, her insides clenched but didn't know what to do. After James left their place, she ran to chase them down in the hallway to catch them before they could go down in the elevator but she gradually slowed down her pace when she noticed that there were some people surrounding and looking at James as they wait for their turn to go inside the elevator. Sebbie was still crying but James tried his best to pacify and comfort him. His free hand was carrying his son and you can see the struggle on his face because of the cast on his arm. Ollie was just tugging her Dad's shirt as the people took some pictures of them.

Nadine suddenly felt ashamed and angry at the same time. Angry because she should be the one tugging the twins along, giving showing them to public because that's how parents should do. Ashamed not to the people around but more to herself that what was James giving to the twins were one of the few thing that she can't really do for protecting them against him, against to the cruelty of reality.

"Nadine!" her manager called. She was about to chase James and the twins down to the basement parking lot when her manager Barbie came. "We're late! Where are you going?" he asked and pulled her to go back to the elevator.

She cried. "I have to chase the twins! James took them!" she said and tried to let go on the manager's grip but he was fast and closed the elevator doors.

"Not now, Nadz. You could chase James all you want after we comeback," he joked, ge doesn't have any idea to what was happening around. "Oh. And don't cry. He chased you for two years but you're too conceited and chose to be with the other one," Nadine didn't reply but she's still balling her eyes out. What if James takes them to the other country? What if he will do the same as what she did to him? What will she do? The twins... they are her life. She'll die without them on her side.