Chapter 19

NO PROOFREADING GUYS. So many errors.

No, Nadine, calm down. She chanted on herself as she walked back and forth on her place. She can't sleep for nights after the ruthless incident happened at the Viva Building when James took the twins and left her like a tramp asking for a food. She surely can't just back down and chase after him because he'll surely think that it's his win-win game.

She missed her children so much that desperate moves overtook her and made a lame plan just to see the twins even just an hour, or rather take the opportunity and take the twins away, forever.

"I need to go," she said to her friends as she looked for her paired shoes under the cabinet.

"Nadine, you don't have to do this. You could settle everything with him," Yassi said as she walked to where Nadine is who was squatting to reach her shoe.

"I have to Yas, it's now or never. I'll take this opportunity since he's busy. I'll take the opportunity and take this chance. I really need to do a private talk with the kids. I can't just go on with my life without them, you know that," she stood up after putting on her sneakers and preparing to leave.

"Listen, everything won't happen if you'll just soften your heart to James and let your ears listen to him. You won't be throwing each other's a file fucking suits for maltreatment and custody. And lastly, Tianny won't be leaving our squad because of betraying you for granting your kids's wishes because you can't provide it. And now, you're leaving to sneak the twins out while James' busy for his album. Are you out of your mind, Nadz?" she ticked off to Nadine because she really had enough of her dramas in life. She wouldn't just send the children on James' place before just to let the kids recognized him as their father but because, she was also hoping that whatever was broken between the two might be put back together, maybe not as lovers again but as a parents to their twins.

Nadine's face suddenly turned into grim and looked at her sternly. "You know the reason why I won't, why I don't, and why I will never," it's never her forte to walk out at any conversation she had but everything pushes her to do such things. She already did the things she thought she could never do and so she realized that the end does not identify the means. She just underestimated herself too well that she doesn't know what she's capable of doing anything unless you tried it once. As she walked away, she was thinking that Yassi would never know how she was feeling 'cause she's never been into her shoes, she's never been with a jerk like James and she would never commit a disgraceful pregnancy outside marriage. Among the squad, she was the bravest one who's blindly in love with James.

As she hide herself under the face mask, unmake-up face, hoodie and a sunglasses, she made her way to the ASAP studio where James will perform his first comeback stage and disguised herself as the 'fan' of James Reid which she despised a lot but she doesn't have a choice anyway. It's now or never.

--

"James Reid, standby. Five minutes!" a staff shouted at the back stage. James could already hear the fans chants, and screams as they wait for him to come up and owns the stage. He's really excited but there's something that's been bugging him. He tried to recollect what he'll gonna do from the dance choreography, lyrics and timing of the song. He perfectly remembers it but why is he still not feeling comfortable?

"I'm nervous," he said to Bret who's standing on his side at the backstage as they watch the live monitor of the studio.

"You? Nervous? How?" amused as he was, Bret asked. They've been into the music and stage career for years now. Now, why is James feeling nervous?