Chapter 1- And There Was the Beginning

Welcome to the first chapter of my book! This is an important chapter because it gives the backstory of the whole book. You will be a little confused if you don't read this first chapter, but continue ahead if you would like!

This is the only chapter in 3rd person.
-------------------------

Annalise is a complex girl, living in a complicated world.

Annalise was born in Descuvi, the land of hate and chaos. King Demotis is the ruler of Descuvi, which was once a peaceful and prominent land. Him and his wife, Lillian, were in love since their youth. Some say their relationship was the pedestal of true love, soulmates fated to be together.

Demotis was once the greatest King in the world. He was a ferocious warrior and a merciful ruler. Descuvi held a three percent unemployment rate, and everyone from all the lands respected Demotis as a fair King. Songs in all the kingdoms told the tales of Demotis' deeds.

Yet when his Queen died, Demotis became deranged. He believed his people had poisoned his Queen, but in reality she died while giving their child. Despite this, Demotis was persistent in believing she was assassinated. They were so deeply in love, it hurt him to think that was the way she left- giving their first child.

The child still lives, taken away at the scene, and the lost royal has yet to be found.

Not a soul dared to challenge the King's beliefs, especially when he started ordering his soldiers to kill citizens. He started rampaging through Descuvi, stealing and accusing his own people under the crime of assassination.

The citizens started to become wary of one other.

"Why is Demotis doing this?"

"I never knew that Troy would plot to kill the Queen!"

"Can you believe it? Queen Lillian really is gone..."

Chaos unraveled and people blamed others for stealing, cheating, and lying, all to gain the favor of the King. The death of Lillian was hardly a problem anymore due to the chaos that followed. There was nobody to turn to because while the deranged King remained on the throne, he was the only figure to follow.

Descuvi became a war zone, as if the King was encouraging it. The feeling of hate spread like a disease- a plague ruining not just a passionate couple, but an entire kingdom.

The King was glorifying it.

This was the beginning of "The War of Demotis' Rage". Annalise and her mom were right in the middle of it. Her dad was killed in the process, leaving a mother with a newborn baby to face a civil war.

Demotis believed her dad was having an affair with the Queen, only because Annalise's mother and his wife were good friends. This was false, Annalise's mother had an eye for fashion that Queen Lillian liked.

Annalise and her mother left Descuvi before the rage got worse, and illegally traveled to the kingdom of Gregerson. Gregerson is a peaceful but poor bordering kingdom, yet it was their only way out. Annalise lived there for the first sixteen years of her life, and her mother reinstated her dress shop once more.

After Annalise and her mother restarted the shop, their business boomed. They were doing so well that her mother wanted to branch out to richer kingdoms. She wanted Annalise to grow up in a safer kingdom, far from Descuvi.

She decided to move to Deltora, once Descuvi's best allied kingdom. Both couples from Descuvi and Deltora's kingdoms grew up together as childhood friends, and pledged a strong allegiance to one another.

King Eggar of Deltora separated himself from Descuvi, knowing how corrupt it had become, as well as his best friend. Eggar tried talking sense into Demotis, but he continued not to listen.

He still believed his beloved Lillian was assassinated.

In summary: Descuvi used to be a prosperous and peaceful country. They were allied with Deltora, being great friends with King Eggar and Queen Kathrine. Queen Lillian died giving childbirth with the child still missing. King Demotis became deranged, and Descuvi is now a corrupt kingdom.

Presently, Annalise is enrolled at Mettlington High living in Deltora, ready to meet new students and finally go to a school.

Now that she's settled in Deltora, she can go to a high school with kind people, and start a great new life.

Right?

Nope.

Not at all.

And that's all to blame the one and only Prince of Deltora.