you

cause pretty soon
you'll be bored with it

;

"excuse me, sir, but i honestly don't think i deserve that position. i mean, look at me. i look like a sloth." she said as soon as her boss spoke with full honesty. "i'm not beautiful like jennie or lisa or chaeyoung."

it was true though. ever since she was a little girl, people bullied her because of her looks. she looks average, they said. she doesn't have a jawline, they said.

"and that's exactly the reason why you're going to be the visual, because the other three are more beautiful than you." the truth hurts more than what she expected. "but they already have their own way of letting people notice them. lisa can dance, chaeyoung has a unique voice, and jennie is an amazing rapper. you? nothing. that's why you need to be noticed."

jisoo felt like she was hit by a bus of what he said.

"sir, i can sing-"

"yes, you can sing but do you have a unique voice like chaeyoung? a powerful voice like jennie?" he raised his voice.

"no, sir." she looked at her feet, tears threatening to fall down in any moment.

"sm entertainment may have the most outstanding vocals in this industry, but yg has the most unique voices. we don't want that be ruined by you."

"i understand." she gathered all her courage and looked at him. "but sir, i've trained for two years just to develop my voice."

he thought about it for a moment. "you can still sing, that's for sure. but the only thing is that you'll have less lines. got it?"

probably wasting your effort on things that won't even happen is the worst thing ever, but she had to accept it.

"anyway, jisoo, i'll talk to you tomorrow about important things. see you."

"thank you, sir."