if

does a new face come
with a warranty?

;

january 2016

the time is ticking. their debut felt like it was inches away. jisoo could feel the pressure rising and how the stress builds up.

"girls, good morning." yang hyunsuk spoke loudly, making the girls open their droopy eyes and look at him. "your debut is 7 months away, isn't it?"

"yes, sir." jennie spoke.

"you haven't even shooted a single music video nor created a song, but you don't have to worry. that is the purpose of this meeting."

their eyes widened and yg continued.

"we've already made two songs for you and we already divided the parts. for the music video, we'll just schedule it. okay?"

"okay, sir."

"here's the songs, if you have any reactions you can go to my office." he left without any goodbyes but there were two white folders laying on the table.

jennie hurriedly grabbed it and all of them read the first song, which was Boombayah.

"woah, unnie! you and i are rappers!" lisa squealed and looked at jennie. jennie gave her a small smile.

"wait.. why do chaeyoung and i have lesser lines?" jisoo scanned the papers again and she was right. she grabbed the other folder which was the song Whistle and checked her lines.

"i think nothing's wrong with it, it's just the songs have a lot of rap parts that's why." chaeyoung shrugged.

"lisa gets to sing?" jisoo asked out of a sudden. the others went closer to her to read the lyrics. "i thought you were a rapper?"

"i'm probably a sub vocal or something." lisa replied.

"but your monthly evaluations in singing are low, mine is higher." jisoo couldn't stop the words coming out from her mouth. "i thought you couldn't be a vocal nor a sub vocal when you have negative numbers as your score."

lisa's head dropped low. "i understand, unnie. i think you should just tell this to the ceo so he would give us less lines."

"us? i deserve those lines, lisa, because i actually know how to sing.. unlike you." jennie whispered the last part.

jisoo on the other hand was furious.

she knows how to sing, why does she have less lines?

she has a much more stable voice than lisa.

she has higher scores than lisa.

but why was she always the last?