Chapter 1 rejection.

Kristen Matthews

I wake up to another day of torture. Another day of misery. Why you ask? Well let me tell you. I am the pack's omega. In fact the only omega for that matter. It's funny actually considering that my brother is the beta. Sadly that is what was chosen for me.  It all began the moment my parents. I was 10 at the time of the accident. They were trying to protect me, but sadly died because of a rogue attack. Everyone blames me for it. They tell me that I should have died instead of them. Sometimes I think they're right. Who am I kidding I know they are right.

People treat me like dirt, like a slave, a punching bag. I'm not kidding. Whenever they're mad or frustrated guess who they come to? Yes me, and no not for advice, but instead for their own personal use. They punch me until they feel satisfied. Which can last from five minutes to a couple of hours. You would expect me to be use to it by now, but they always find a new way to hurt me. The abuse isn't just physical, it's mental and emotional too.

Well enough of the sad talk let us go into something more exciting. Today......wait for it....... is my 16 birthday!! I am so happy today I find my mate and shift. Hopefully my mate will love me and take care of me, but most of all save me from this hell hole I call a home. I dream everyday of how my mate will be tall and handsome but most of all he'll love me to the moon and back. I dream of my mate picking up all the pieces of my broken heart and put them all back together.

I would like to tell you a little about myself. I have jet black hair that falls to my waist and electric blue eyes, a slim figure but everyone seems to say I'm fat, but I think it's fine. I have curves in the right places I won't call myself beautiful, but I'm okay I guess. Most of the pack members make it their business to remind me I will never be good enough to be loved. That my mate will reject me the moment he sees me but I try to see the good side of everything. The way I dress doesn't really help my situation. With the baggy clothes I wear everyone thinks I'm fat, but at least the men in the pack won't try to take advantage of me.

Another fun fact about me is that I must wake up earlier than the rest of my pack to make the food and clean the house. I tend to wake up at the crack of dawn to have everything prepared. Sometimes even earlier if the soon to be alpha demand's it. The usual breakfast consists of pancakes, eggs and bacon and either juice or coffee, for most of the pack and a fruit salad for the snobs.

I can tell you I'm amazed I have not died of exhaustion. My routine is based on waking up early to clean. Going to school on time. Coming here to make lunch. Cleaning before everyone arrives once more, and preparing for dinner later on in the day. And when all the cooking and cleaning is done, I still have to do my homework. I fall asleep around twelve or one and wake up once more to the same thing. It's a never ending cycle of misery for me.

So I drag myself out of bed and head to the restroom to get ready. Striping down to nothing I let the hot water hit my body relaxing me a bit. If only I could stay here forever but I have to head back to the real world I don't want to get beaten up again. The cold water hits my body making me jump. The footsteps and the laugher disappear into the distance. Seems like someone woke up early just to screw with me.

I wash my hair with my strawberry shampoo and scrub my body with my berry body wash. Turning off the shower I head to my small closet of a room. Putting on some underwear and putting on my baggy shirt and sweat pant on I head up to the kitchen. I still have an hour before anybody is awake so I begin preparing the food it isn't easy considering there are 200 members to this pack but you get used to it.

After about 45 minutes I'm done with 15 minutes to spare thank the goddess. As I begin to wash the used dishes when a smell captures me it smells of chocolate and woods. I follow the smell that's so fascinating to me. Yes it's a strange combination but yet it's luring