Chapter 3 the pack

Kristen

I take it back it's bad. Really bad. I don't mean like oh that's bad in a good way. I mean help me I'm going to die bad. So far we have been shopping for an hour my feet are killing me, but Lucy is happy. I have no idea how a girl can handle this and this is coming from a girl's perspective.

"Hey Kristy how about this," she showed me a floral printed high and low dress. It's was nice and all, but I don't want to be that typical girl with the cute pink dresses, high heels, and a Starbucks.

"I prefer this," I showed her a black leather jacket, white t-shirt and black jeans. This yells something I'm looking for.

"That is not girly enough you know?" she said with a pout. I roll my eyes and chuckled.

"I'm fine with this," I said with a shrug. "Plus whoever mentioned I was ever girly?" I stated.

"Okay whatever you say. We got to go anyways," she said as she grabbed the clothes.

"Why?" I asked confused.

"The pack meeting remember?" She said as she handed the cashier the card.

"Oh yeah," I stayed quiet and looked away.

"Hey are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"I-it's nothing let's go," I said as I grabbed the bags.

We paid for our stuff and headed out of the store. Lucy didn't stop asking, and I was about to give in but a smell captured my attention at first I smelled chocolate. And it being a mall I tried to ignore it thinking it might be a store near by. But the smell got stronger, alluring making me think twice. I thought it might be Hunter, but smelling closely it had a hint of woods. Hunters smell was sweeter more soothing; however,  this one was strong and made me crouch in fear. A pang of pain edged its way into my heart.

My heart was caught in my throat. It can't be I...I left hoping that they would never find me but they're here. I turned only to see Roy with some of the pack members which included my brother. Panic rushed through my veins along with fear.

"Lucy we got to go," I pulled her from her arm. Making her stumble a few steps.

"Why?" She asked worried as she regained her balance.

"My old pack is here, and I don't want them to see me let's go," I pulled her faster. "Please." I begged as I pulled on her arm. My hands trembled as I pulled her forward.

I turned to see if they had seen me. Thanks to the wolf hearing I could hear their silent sniffs as they searched the air for my scent. At that moment our eyes met and I stared into the brown eyes of Roy. The world seem to stop as our eyes locked with each other. I gulped and tried to move. Lucy began to pull on my arm, breaking me out of the daze.

He began walking closer pushing people away trying to reach me. Panic consumed me. What if they catch me what will they do, fuck that! What will they do to Lucy. I don't care about what will happen to me, but I care for her. I might not know her for long but she is innocent. She should not be involved in the mess I made for myself.

"Lucy do you know a faster way out?" I asked. You could clearly hear the edge of panic in my trembling voice.

"Um, yeah through the food court,” she answered, worried.

"Okay let's go,” we walked fast the bags we had were heavy, but with the fear I had I ignored the constant tug.

"Kristen!" someone yelled my name through the crowed of people, yet I perfectly knew who it was. I just had to keep walking. I needed to at least be ten steps ahead of him.