Chapter 15 A little hope

After the incident I decided to go for a walk in the woods, and maybe even for a swim. Who would have know that things could get out of control that easy.

I sat under the nice afternoon sun and sighed. I closed my eyes and laid on my back.

"Nice day isn't it?" Someone asked.

I stood up quickly and held a fighting stand only to realize it was only Roy. I let my hands fall at my side as my shoulders slouched forwards.

"What are you doing here?" I asked with a sigh.

"Same as you," he said as he walked closer, his hands tucked in his front jean pockets.

"And that is?" I inquired

“Just wanted to clear my mind off of things ya know?" he answered with a shrug

I nodded and sat back down. Roy came and sat next to me. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the silence.

"Are you going to say anything?" He asked.

"Should I?" I asked with my eyes still closed

“Well, yeah, I think,” he responded

“And what should I say?” I asked as I glanced at him.

"I don't know?" He responded.

We sat there side by side looking at the glistening waterfall.

A question I wanted to asked nag at me. I sighed and turned to look at him.

"What?" He asked as he felt me staring.

"How did Hunter find out that we were mates?" I asked

"I don't know," he said with a shrug

"Did you tell him?" I asked. He was the only person who could have told him aside from my brother that is.

"Nope, he found out all on his own"

"How?"

"He must have have figured it out on his own. Probably after the jail incident yesterday," he said.

I thought about it. It could be true Hunter is smart and he could figure it out easily. I know it wouldn't have taken him long but I wanted to be ready when it did. Plus I made it pretty obvious in my drunken state. Now I'm just scared and confused and I truly don't know what to do. I thought I would be ready once this day came, but to be honest I'm not. This feeling of not knowing what to do or say made me feel uneasy.

"So what now?" I asked

"We just let life take its course," he said casually

I sighed knowing it was true.

"You know things changed when you left," he said.

I turned and looked at him, "how?" I asked.

"Well for starters the first few months your brother wouldn't even talk to me. And that made things difficult considering that he is my beta," he let out a small chuckle, but it was forced. I knew he was trying to lighten things up.

"I never thought that would affect him that bad. I figured that everyone's lives would have been better when I left"

"It wasn't, well at least mine wasn't," he said. “I should have known you were with Hunter. His pack was closer. I should have gone personally. I would have told you how much I regret what I did then. I could have made things right between us. I wouldn't have lost you if I had fixed my error.”

I took a moment to let that sink in. I turned to look at him. I regretted it the moment I did I turned away and looked somewhere else.

"I always thought you were okay without me. You made it pretty clear that you didn't care about me when you rejected me," I said pain evident in my voice.

"You have no idea how much I regret rejecting you," he said his voice came out broken.

"How much then?" I asked.

"I got to the point where I couldn't even sleep I just wanted to know if you were okay. My mind would go through sceneries where you were and danger, and I couldn't save you, those were the worst,”

"Then why did you reject me then?" I asked.

"Stupidity probably, arrogance, pride. The list goes on," he said and sighed. "I was young and foolish."

"You know it hurt me when you did," I whispered.

"I know and I regret it but Kristen," he said.

I turned and looked into his pleading eyes.

"I never stopped loving you-"

"Roy stop-"

"No listen to me," he pleaded.

I nodded and let him continue.

He stood up and helped me up.

"I loved you then, I love you now, and I will always love. For as long as I live I will always love you," he whispered the last part.

I have never seen Roy this way he has never opened up to anyone. And for him to open up like this to me well it touched my heart.

"I will always love the man that speaks from the heart," I Whispered back.

"So does this mean you'll give me another chance?" He asked.

"Can we start from the bottom?" I whispered. "It's too early, and I'm not ready to get hurt once more," I said as a tear made its way down my cheek.

He wiped the tear away and looked me in the eyes.

"I will never hurt you again. For as long as I'm here you will always be safe," he whispered as he leaned in and captured my lips with his.

Hunter

I had gone out in search for Kristen. I needed to talk to her to fix things. But as I got near her scent I could smell someone else with her.

And as I walked into the clearing what I saw broke my heart in two.

"I will never hurt you again. For as long as I'm here you will always be safe," Roy said to her and kissed her.

All I could think of is I can't lose her.

A/N

Okay so i'm back and now i'm able to update more.

I will try to update once a week or every two weeks depending on how long i will make the chapter.

Thank you all who have voted and commented on my story. Im very sorry for taking so long.

So what do you guys think of the chapter.

Please tell me

Comment

Vote

Fan

Until the next my sweets