Chapter 16 bad moment

Kristen

After that little moment near the waterfall Roy and I came to the game room. Everything was going great until we heard the door open and Hunter entered.

The room became quiet no one moved. I stared into his eyes as he did the same. I had thought he would be mad but instead all I Could see was a pained expression.

I just wanted to run to him and take him in my arms but the pain that he caused me reminded me to stay back.

"I see that you two are getting along," Hunter said as he took a step closer to us. His words coming out bitter.

I was afraid I didn't know what to do every step he took closer to us brought a new wave of fear. I've seen Hunter mad before so I know what he is capable of.

He took one last step and was now in front of me our faces just a few inches from each other. I could still smell the mint in his breath, feel how his warmth radiated of his body, and all I wanted to do at that moment was wrap my arms around him but I held back.

"Kristen we need to talk," as he said those words every pack member that was in the room scurried away. I took a few cautious steps away from him.  

The three of us were left alone in the room. It had begun to thicken with tension. Hunter began to walk up to us every step he took brought a new wave of fear. I've seen him angry and I can tell you that it's not a pretty sight.

We now stood face to face, his minty breath fanned my face, and the warmth of his body radiated towards me.

The room was dead quiet, the tension in the room was so thick you could cut it with a knife. For a few moments no one moved, no one even said a word.

Hunter reached to touch my face but his hand was slapped away by Roy. He growled at not being allowed to touch his mate.

"Kristen please hear me out," Hunter begged.

"Why should I," I asked.

"I know what I did was wrong, but it was a mistake please you know me better than anybody please," he said as tears rolled down his cheeks.

"Look Hunter out of everyone I never thought you could hurt me that way. But you did," I looked away not wanting to meet his gaze.

"I know what I did was wrong but you have no right to be a hypocrite," he said.

I turned to him with anger how dare he call me a hypocrite.

"How dare you," I snarled

"I speak the truth I saw you in the woods kissing him," he pointed at Roy.

"But it's different," I protested.

"How is it different exactly," he asked.

"I..I-" he interrupted me.

"Exactly when were you going to tell me that you and Roy were mates," he growled.

"Hunter I-" Roy interrupted what I was going to say.

"She doesn't have to explain anything to you," he said.

"She does because I'm her mate," Hunter snarled.

"Well you lost that right when you hurt her," Roy snarled back.

"Says the one that hurt her first," Hunter shot back.

By now they were almost at each other's throats. I had to step in to keep them from hurting each other. I looked up at Hunter and his eyes met mine. The sadness in them broke my heart.