♚ | TEASER 10

WARNING: the following teasers are for received forms as a thank you for applying. this does NOT mean someone was chosen.

 this does NOT mean someone was chosen

"psst"

"..."

"talk to me"

"..."

"please?"

"..."

hansol started pouting "why won't you talk to me?"

with a (scary) straight face, arrietty looked at him, then at the teacher sitting on the front desk, then him again and then the front of the classroom.

they were in detention.

it wasn't anything troublesome. arrietty stacked up a few warnings after breaking rules which led her to detention. hansol purposefully broke rules in front of the teacher to get himself into detention, for reasons that you can maybe guess.

she didn't want anything to do with him, so she doesn't understand why he won't just stop annoying her.

hansol laid and slid on his desk to be in her line of vision "please talk to me?"

"god, why are you so needy?" she snarled at him

he wasn't fazed at all, he was already used to this behavior from her.

he smiled "you're talking to me!"

he was so childish.

she almost broke into a smile.

arrietty sighed "fine, you want to talk? let's talk"

she got herself in a comfortable position and rested her head on her hand, stretching her side as she slid on the desk.

"alright! great, where are you from? you look like a foreigner"

"i'm not sure if that's a compliment but whatever, i'm from the united kingdom, so i'm half british"

"say something in english!"

"no"

"why not?"

"you're weird"

"so? is that wrong?"

somehow, that slightly caught her off guard. his childish aura started dissipating.

"no...? no, i was just saying"

there was a silence.

"what about you, have you lived out of the country?" arrietty attempted to be nice, knowing he hasn't done any real harm to her (yet). it doesn't hurt to be nice, right? it shouldn't.

"my hometown's new york, i've lived there till i was 5 years old"

"huh, no wonder you're so cute"

"...sorry?" he definitely heard it, you could tell by the appearance of his smile. he just wanted her to say it again.

"don't make me repeat that, you heard it once and that's it"

he pouted a second time, but he let the subject go as she asked.

"where does your name come from? i think it's quite a unique name"

"i was named after a character from the book 'the borrowers', you can simply call me hyeli since it's my korean name if you can't properly pronounce it"

"am i pronouncing it right?"

"no"

"then tell me how to pronounce it!"

"it doesn't matter, no one's very able to pronounce it well anyway"

"if no one can, i want to be the only one who's able to so i can be the only one calling you like that"

"..."

she didn't know what to say, was that out of sincerity? was he being honest? was he flirting? we may never know (especially arrietty).

"... so are you gonna teach me or...?"

"no"