♚ | ELEVEN

"jeez... it's like you're imitating that brutal child sunhwa" hyerin shook her head disapprovingly at xiuying as they walked through the school hallways. it was monday, the week after homecoming.

xiuying touched the bruise on her cheek with her bandaged hand and winced "ah... yeah maybe i shouldn't have imitated sunhwa's ways of throwing a tantrum while fighting those guards..." sunhwa pouted "at least my ways are very effective-!"

the monotone voice resonated through the hallways 'chen xiuying is called to the principal's office. i repeat, chen xiuying is called to the principal's office immediately, thank you'

xiuying sighed as hyerin gave her a pat on the back "good luck" "thanks, i'll need it" she waved at her friends and rushed to the principal's office. when she arrived, the headmistress told her to come in before she could even knock.

as soon as she opened the door, she spotted junhui, standing with his head bowed down. he glanced at her and mouthed "i'm sorry"

she wasn't sure why or what he was apologizing for, but she sure as hell did not have a good feeling about it. she hurried to the empty spot next to him. xiuying stared and waited for the headmistress to speak. it was only when she coughed that she understood that she had to bow her head too, some sort of sign of respect. she didn't really understand it though, since she thought it was also a sign of guilt and she didn't know what she did wrong.

as soon as she bowed her head, the headmistress spoke "chen xiuying, you are suspended for putting alcohol in the students' drinks on the night of homecoming"

her head snapped up, utterly shocked "excuse me?"

"you are suspended for putting alcohol in the students' drinks on the event of homecoming" she repeated herself.

"but i didn't do it! i didn't spike anyone's drinks, he did it!" she gestured towards the boy next to her, who didn't move from his original position.

she laughed "wen junhui? you're blaming mister wen junhui? son of the most non-alcoholic families out there? you must be crazy"

xiuying felt even more confused, did he plan all of this from the beginning?

"i'm not, i swear, headmistress! i have no trace of alcohol anywhere and nowhere in my dorm, you can even go ch-"

"enough, your accusation is ridiculous. your suspension for a week has already been decided and approved. you are not allowed on school grounds except for the dormitories and separate library. your suspension will be extended if you break those rules. come back to class next week, you're dismissed"

"but-" junhui suddenly grabbed her and dragged her out of the office and into the school hallways. she yanked away from his grip and glared at him "are you fucking serious? and i thought we were on good terms! how could you put the blame on me?" "please underst-" "understand? what a joke. i can't believe how you did me dirty. i hope you get painfully dragged to hell" xiuying aggressively readjusted and turned her heel on junhui, obviously done with him.

soorin, sunhwa and hyerin sat at their usual table during lunch. eunbi and minsook still haven't arrived, probably still preoccupied by class.

it was silent, most likely because they were all still pondering about xiuying's suspension. they couldn't believe how junhui betrayed her and them like that.

constant whispers were heard as people walked by their table and those who were already seated only kept glancing back.

"they're friends with that alcoholic girl..."

"really? no wonder she looks like a homeless... girl is an alcohol addict"

"careful, maybe her friends are too. of course, maybe except for park soorin, she's not that idiotic"

"who knows? maybe she'll end up like them..."

"i bet some of them are drug addicts too, we should pat them down next time there's another social event..."

sunhwa stood up and clenched her fist at them "do you want to die?"

soorin snarled at those who were staring "why are you staring at us? just take a picture while you're at it and get over it"

"how rude... if only they knew it wasn't the truth. junhui's such an asshole" hyerin spoke with disgust. finally, minsook arrived with her heated lunch with eunbi by her side "so according to what i've heard, the guy who replaced jonghyun is here and practically has the same schedule as him"

sunhwa almost spit out her food "jonghyun is gone?! hell yes-!" "he was kicked out unfairly, i think i saw the newcomer during homecoming but i couldn't clearly see his face because of how dark it was, i guess i'll know during the last period," minsook explained "we'll see how it goes"

minsook and eunbi rushed to their last class and sat at their assigned seats, far away from each other. as minsook opened her textbook and flipped through the pages of the homework, she heard more people whisper behind her.

"isn't that xiuying's roommate? you think they collaborated into smuggling alcohol?"

"i actually had fun after they put some in the drinks... maybe we should ask them to keep doing it"

"why ask the poor for favors when you can just bring some by yourself? you know we can bend the rules"

"you're right... imagine being in debt to one of them, how shameful"

eunbi had the same reaction around her, though they spoke louder since she had her earphones on.

"is this the girl who begged yuta to be her date for homecoming? ha, what a disgrace"

"yeah, apparently she lied about him asking her first. feels like she didn't want to look pathetic in front of the japanese prince"

"maybe she gave her a spiked drink when she asked him, since she's closely affiliated to that xiuying alcoholic, haha"

"talking about japanese princes, have you seen the new guy? he's so tall and so manly! apparently he and yuta are close friends"

"oh my! do you have a picture?"

"nevermind! here he comes!" the girls started squealing before the newcomer even appeared under the door frame.

he nodded at everyone with a smile as soon as he stepped into the class, making a few girls screech at impossibly high levels "senpai noticed me !!!"

he brightened up as soon as he spotted minsook, weaving through the desks and students to reach her. he gave her a smile and extended his hand "if i'm not mistaken, you're minsook, right? it's nice finally meeting you, i'm adachi yuto, but everyone just sticks with yuto"

minsook was stunned, the reflection in his eyes did not match the kindness in his words.

it's like his eyes said,

i'm going to make your life a living hell.

bitch she dead

on a scale of 1 to 10 how betrayed do you feel about junhui and yuta