♚ | THIRTEEN

hyerin was sitting on the benches, writing lyrics when she saw a baseball team run onto the field. she didn't really mind since it was normal for sports team to practice on the field... even if she didn't know there was a baseball team in kingsgate.

she spotted yuto on the team, but she waved the thought away since it was none of her concern.

soon enough, people started pouring into the audience, looking excited. catching a few pieces of conversations, she figured yuto invited seemingly everyone to a baseball practice, a bit to celebrate his arrival. good thing she or any of her friends didn't receive one, none of them would've wanted to come anyway.

hyerin was about to leave when she spotted her friends heading her way, eunbi was the first one to cross paths with her. looking back at the others behind her, none of her friends seemed too happy about being there either.

"eunbi? what are you doing here?"

the girl sighed, exasperated while still keeping her positive energy "sanghyuk invited me and jaehwan, even if he didn't want to come either" sanghyuk then waved at her from his spot, jaehwan sitting next to him with his arms crossed.

hyerin settled next to her friends after asking why they were all there. sunhwa was dragged by minhyuk... saying he wants to see yuto fail. even if the thought amused sunhwa, she didn't feel like coming, so she dragged minsook with her, saying "if i suffer, you're suffering with me"

soorin was the only one who wasn't sitting with them, she was one of the only people standing down the stairs in the corner, right next to mark. she really didn't want to be there, but the event committee forced her to go because it was "an important event"

"if this is an important event, you should've come to my cheerleading audition, that was an important event!"

when the practice started, everything was fine and it felt more like a baseball game than a practice, people kept cheering and screaming at the players.

when yuto came back to being the batter in the second round, the ball flew out of the field... and straight towards where the commoners were sitting.

eunbi winced while she was changing for her volleyball practice. how unlucky could she be to get hit on her left arm, the one she uses to make her strong services?

it definitely left a bruise on her arm, mark was the one who put a bandage around it, since he rushed at the scene soon after the ball hit. it didn't really do anything but cover it...

her friends kept urging her to not attend practice, along with jaehwan and sanghyuk, but she decided against it and went anyway. she didn't want to get kicked out of the team since they were so strict with her. she can survive with just a bruise... right?

when the team was warming up, everything felt fine... for the first 10 minutes. then, the injury started getting in the way during playtime. her teammates started criticizing her.

"get up! ugh, how could you be so incompetent?"

"what's with your services? they're so sloppy, did you drink because your alcoholic friend got suspended and pushed you to drink with her? ha, how petty"

"you're missing so many hits, what's wrong with you?"

"i didn't accept you in the team for you to slack off, stand up!"

they had a 15 minute break in the middle of their 2 hour practice, but she only got 5 minutes because the captain said she wasn't working hard enough.

facing all this criticism, she pushed herself further and ignored the pain in her arm whenever she used it.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━