♚ | NINE

everyone stared at minsook

"...what?"

"we're going out to buy dresses, and you still bring your backpack full of textbooks to study and do homework?" asked soorin with her arms crossed.

"come on, we're finally acting like normal girls doing girly things... even if we're not that into shopping for dresses, but soorin insisted and it's her treat" added xiuying.

minsook sighed "i want to make sure to keep my scholarship... if anything was to go downhill i want to at least keep my grades up."

sunhwa closed the textbooks on minsook's lap and shoved them back in her backpack, refusing to give it back to her friend "just one day! leave those damn textbooks aside and live into the moment"

"that's... so basic"

"shut up xiuying"

minsook looked exasperated and pursed her lips "please gi-" "if you stop studying for a while and actually spend time with us while not being distracted by school work, then we'll let you study as much as you want afterwards" xiuying proposed with her arms crossed.

"it's not like i wasn't going to study afterwards anyway..." "exactly! come on, just let go of school for once" minsook glanced at her friends before standing up, earning cheers from the five others.

hyerin's eyes caught the dress eunbi was holding "oh dear god eunbi put that thing away, that black and yellow striped dress will make you look like a bee"

eunbi pouted at her remark "and what's wrong with that? i think it's cute..."

sunhwa nodded "eunbi would make a cute bee"

hyerin shook her head "homecoming is not halloween," she brushed pass eunbi and reached out for a royal red dress "you're athletic right? this will bring out your curves"

soorin gasped "the red velvet dress would absolutely suit her! you have an amazing sense of fashion, hyerin" she complimented, making the other suppress the pride in her voice "thanks, i guess"

soorin insisted on shopping for new shoes, or more specifically, heels, much to the others' dismay. none of them owned heels and the thought of wearing pumps for a whole night while dancing in them gave them shivers.

the shoe store was empty, except for the bored employee at the cash register, so the six girls took a little more time than usual to choose a pair of heels, mostly because they were having fun trying almost every pair. sure, they had a lot of trouble walking or even standing in them, but it's not like anyone was around to judge them, the worker didn't seem to mind either or pay attention to them for that matter.

hyerin sat down and took off the purple heels she was trying on "why should i dress to impress anyway? it's not like i have a date..." "nothing feels better than making an entrance while walking in heels like a boss ass bitch at homecoming, it's not always a matter of impressing others hun, sometimes it feels good to just be confident under your skin" soorin explained.