♚ | TWELVE

THE NIGHT OF HOMECOMING

yixing, minhyuk, mark, hoseok and jaehwan headed back to their dorm noisily- well, mostly minhyuk and jaehwan.

jaehwan was yelling about how he was gonna make yuta pay for his immoral behavior and making eunbi feel bad like that while minhyuk whined about junhui ruining homecoming by starting a fight. mark would silently agree with him since he was part of the event committee and spent time organizing it. hoseok urged them to keep their voices down and yixing, well, he just followed them without a word.

"hey, don't you guys wonder where jonghyun went? i didn't want to ask in case it would ever ruin the life of the party but now that we're out-" minhyuk mindlessly twisted the doorknob and opened the door while looking at the others behind him.

they all either shrugged or murmured "i was wondering the same thing too"

it was when all five of them poured into the room that they noticed another presence in it, and it wasn't jonghyun.

minhyuk raised his eyebrow and looked at the sitting figure at jonghyun's usual desk cautiously "who are you?"

the stranger finally turned around to face them "oh, you're finally here" he stood up and walked up to them, putting his hand out and smiling at them, but the smile had nothing sincere or warm behind it, it was more business-like than anything.

"my name's yuto adachi. i'm taking jonghyun's position after his leave"

hoseok was the one who shook his hand "nice to meet you, i'm shin hoseok, but i also go by wonho, then-"

"lee minhyuk, lee jaehwan and mark lee. i'm aware"

there was a stunned silence. wonho slowly retreated his hand and whispered "that's not very gentlemanly for interrupting me..."

"did i offend you? i apologize," yuto turned his back and made his way back to his desk, gathering the papers he was analyzing before they arrived "you should all head to bed, the end of the night might've exhausted you"

mark finally stepped out from behind jaehwan, slowly walking forward to stand in front of yuto "excuse me... but do you know what happened to jonghyun? he left without even telling us or a notice..."

"oh, he didn't? did you not even hear the rumors that were spreading about his leave? i thought you would've all heard"

"but you know jonghyun? you sound like you know what happened to him... and he was always close to us too, so i don't understand-" mark sounded saddened and heartbroken.

yuto cut him off without a trace of emotion in his words "you should go to bed as i am, goodnight" he walked off to where jonghyun usually slept in, now it was yuto's room.

mark looked back at the other princes, who all had the same gloomy feeling as he had, except for jaehwan who looked more cautious "jaehwan? are you feeling alright?" minhyuk asked.

he finally lifted his gaze to meet the three other pairs "did you see what he was holding?"

they shook their heads, not having paid attention to the papers.

"he was holding the commoners student files"

PRESENT DAY

xiuying stomped away from junhui, after her meeting in the principal's office.

she didn't really pay attention to where she was going, or at least much less than usual.

she bumped into a much taller student who she was sure was new, he didn't seem familiar at all. when she turned to look at him, he only gave her a side glance with a small grin and continued his way to class.