♚ | TEN [1]

HOMECOMING DAY

soorin stood in the middle of the decorated gymnasium with a checklist in her hands. mark helped her verify the overall decorations and additional details as she didn't lift her eyes from the clipboard.

"food?" "check" "drinks?" "check" "dj equipment?" "check" "the entrance with the balloons and student list?" "check" "a will to live?" "to be verified"

she laughed, without enough warmth to be actually considered genuine "didn't know you had that kind of humor" mark nervously chuckled "well... i hear many people joke like that so..." soorin nodded without looking at him and spun around to look at everything one last time.

"do you have a date?" she asked him.

"no... i didn't really have time to find one," he gulped "you look amazing, by the way" they were literally doing a last minute verification, so both were already dressed up for homecoming.

"i know, thanks for trying to compliment me though. everything seems to be in place, let's open the doors and be in place to greet everyone" soorin walked away to the entrance, mark tailing her behind.

after greeting a few students, soorin received a text from someone and told mark to take care of the job for a few minutes while she goes to join her homecoming date. he couldn't even reply after she basically put all the weight of greeting everyone on him, he only let out an exasperated sigh. a few minutes later, he spotted her walking in behind a few couples, her arm linked with a classmate he recognized as lee dongyeol. she seemed to be carrying a good conversation with him, which made mark happy because she was smiling, a sight that he rarely saw around him.

 she seemed to be carrying a good conversation with him, which made mark happy because she was smiling, a sight that he rarely saw around him

the only thing that was strange was the lone, grumbling wooseok- i mean, wooshin walking behind them. poor boy had to stick to his best friend who had a date. there was a second wooseok in the school and wooshin got tired of always turning around when someone was calling out for jung wooseok instead of him, so he prefered being called wooshin. mark wondered how soorin and wooshin could stick together without much tension, they're both individuals who can easily hate a lot of people.