♚ | FOURTEEN

hyerin was annoyed.

hoseok just started showing up at NEO's band practices after their first show, at the homecoming. she couldn't get used to his presence, especially not after she figured he was one of the top princes. she honestly thought eunseo could do better. yet again... they were childhood friends, she most likely knew more than hyerin. she wasn't curious anyway.

she was always the first one to arrive to the music room, she wanted to check up on the equipment and have time to test things she had in mind and review her newly composed music sheets.

but sometimes... hoseok got there first. it was unpleasant.

he would always be sitting there, on a speaker, reading some romance or whatever book. she once noticed he was reading romeo and juliet.

she'd enter the room and see him, then continue her way to a chair without a word to start her regular small routine.

"greeting would be polite, you know"

hyerin rolled her eyes, though her back was facing him "hi"

he chuckled "that's still not a proper greeting, but it's progress"

she took music sheets out of her bag and started installing her guitar "i'm not going to start bowing to you, i still have no reason to give you my respect, even if you're on a higher level in the social hierarchy. we're the same age, eunseo told me"

she hated the small talk he was trying to make with her, she just wanted to be left alone.

hyerin was so thankful when her band mates arrived together, with drinks too! there were four of them, eunseo bought the fourth one for hoseok. they took their time enjoying the drinks after warming up and practicing a few songs.

"have you heard of the recent news? about a trip for our grade?" hoseok spoke up, looking at eunseo.

the girl shook her head "what trip?"

"it was a last minute decision, but it looks like we won't be the only ones on there"

minsook and eunbi were back in class, one that they shared. the teacher, yet again, announced another assignment, another project. it's been like that ever since the beginning of the semester, assignments and projects kept coming one after the other, no matter if they overlapped or not. jaehwan caught eunbi's name slip out of his classmates' mouths sitting behind him.

"hey, you think i should ask that commoner over there to be my teammate?"

"what? what for? and minsook or eunbi?"

"eunbi, minsook is too nerdy. eunbi has a nice aura"

his friend nudged him "you pig" though jaehwan was able to tell the friend of the one wanting to team up with eunbi was just teasing.

"i'm too busy these days, i'm gonna make her do all the work"

"eunbi? she has average grades, if you want good grades it should be minsook"

"eunbi's easier to convince, minsook is always working alone anyway. i'll somehow push her to work harder... hey eunbi!" the classmate called her out as she was standing nearby. she was talking cheerily with minsook sitting at the desk in front of jaehwan's. eunbi turned her head and headed towards him "do you want to team up?"

jaehwan quickly stood up and stopped her from walking further "eunbi, you should team up with me" he stared straight into her eyes, almost pleading her.

"awe come on! you're always teaming up with him, you should take on a change, meet new people and get new friends"

jaehwan glared at him, while he only smiled at eunbi.