♚ | EIGHT

xiuying shook off the rain that has landed on her on her way to school

xiuying shook off the rain that has landed on her on her way to school. she did bring a umbrella with her, but the rain was surprisingly hard this morning.

she cleaned herself properly once she got to her locker, getting her textbooks for her first classes. her mornings were usually very normal, no one bothered her.

except for today.

xiuying took a step back to close her locker, almost tripping someone by accident.

"oh! excuse me" xiuying simply apologized with a quick and simple glance, heading to her first class.

a voice snarled behind her "watch where you're going and who you bump into"

xiuying curiously turned around to search for the source of the voice, spotting a familiar face staring right back at her.

she was sure she never talked to him... except for maybe minsook who-

oh.

xiuying tilted her head at him "more like learn how to accept apologies, we have more manners than you think we have jonghyun."

something seemed to have clicked into his mind "you're a friend of kwon minsook?"

"wow i'm surprised you're so informed about us kim jonghyun"

jonghyun snorted "it's not like i want to be or i'm interested in you, everyone keeps talking about you"

"awe, are you sad that we're becoming more popular than you big, rich princes? how sad." she fake pouted at him

he clicked his tongue, annoyed at her comments "right, i'm sure you also have a date for homecoming. i, at least, have countless people coming to ask me to accompany them to the event"

xiuying took a deep breath, looking around to avoid making eye contact with him, only to spot another familiar face near where she was situated in the locker area.

without thinking, she grabbed the boy's arm and slung her arm around his shoulders, startling him "in fact, yes i do have a date, this is him"

jonghyun raised his eyebrows at him, obviously skeptical and with his arms crossed "really?"

xiuying stared at him, with a subtle pleading look. he coughed, regaining his posture and putting a smile back on his face, slinging his arm around her shoulders "yes! we're going to homecoming together"

his arms uncrossed and turned his back to them "whatever, i suggest you re-evaluate your decisions, whoever decided to ask the other out"

as jonghyun walked away, xiuying let her arm down with an exasperated sigh.

the boy only looked down at her with a smile "good to see you again, detention buddy"

who do you think is her date?