Epilogue

Originally started: June 30, 2016

Ended: August 2016

Revising started: November 30, 2018

Ended: January 13, 2022

Epilogue

- TYLER -

"Not bad." Aiden comments, and I agree. We all do.

Langston High School is not as big as Luxford, pero hindi ito magpapahuli sa mga naglalakihan nitong buildings, parks, roads and gardens. They have trees everywhere, plants in pots on both sides of the road. It's like an elementary school, but in a high school kind of way. If that makes sense.

"They host the basketball camp every year, have a scholarship programs, outstanding athletes and students. This school is pretty good." Dugtong ni Noah.

"Did you search that on Google? Or you just know?" Hunter asks, genuinely curious. It's our first time here but my cousin already knows a lot.

"Their achievements are posted all over the gates, Hunter." Noah answers, motioning the gate a few meters behind us.

It's the last day of the basketball camp so we decided to visit Ice, and to take him home with us too, back to Galax Metro. We haven't seen him in weeks.

Tanaw na namin ang gymnasium, pero napahinto kami dahil sa kumpulan ng mga estudyante. They seem to be cheering for something. I can't tell if they're playing around or someone's having a fight.

Turns out, it's the latter.

Napangisi si Miles sa gilid ko, "A girl fight? Interesting."

Two girls, one short and one tall against four—five girls bigger than them. And they are winning. They punch and kick as if it's their work out routine. They look graceful. Especially the short one. Nakangiti pa siya habang binabalibag 'yong babaeng ilang beses ang laki sa kanya. Lumubog ang dimple sa right cheek niya. She laughs and it sounds incredible—

"Tyler, you're drooling." Miley Jean nudges me.

I ignore him. Pinagpatuloy ko ang panonood ng away. "What the fuck are you talking about? I'm not."

"Is it the tall or the short one?" He follows my gaze, mas lumawak ngumisi. "It's the short one then. She's pretty."

Pretty... is an understatement.

"The tall one is pretty too." Hunter adds, deliberately watching the ongoing fight as well.

The students around the two girls are cheering louder now. 'Bossing' at 'Mayor' ang paulit-ulit na sinisigaw nila. I look around, but there's still not a single teacher in site. Malayo na kami sa gate, pero sa lakas ng sigaw ng mga estudyante, wala bang nakakarinig sa kanilang kahit isang guard or teacher?

Tumahimik lang sila when the short girl lands the final kick on the biggest girl's neck. Bumagsak agad ito sa damuhan.

"Yumi, you never fucking learn. Do you enjoy this?" The tall girl sits near 'Yumi's' face as she looks down on her in disgust. Kumuha pa siya ng ilang hibla ng buhok nito, "Your kink maybe? We're getting tired of your shit, you know. You bully someone, we fight you and you lose. You always fucking lose. Stop this already and get a fucking life."