Trapped

God, my head...

John opened up his eyes slowly, his temples still pulsating, and the pain intensifying in his head. What had happened to cause him such an excruciating pain?

Everything was going so well, with Amy heading back and the boys winning the fight. And then the sudden footsteps behind him.

It's a trap.

John's thought was as clear as the light of day, and he screamed for the guys to turn back, when someone creeped up on him, rendering him unconscious.

And I didn't sense a thing. Not until it was too late.

John concentrated hard, but every single hint, every single presence was gone for his mind. Total emptiness. He tried to move his hands, but they were tightly tied. Cautiously, he took a peak of the fight scene.

Alice Green and her father were talking to one other, looking nervously at the distance. Guards were all around them, regular Tower ones, and ones that looked like a part of a private guard.

John turned his head slightly to the left, and tried hard not to scream with frustration. Mike and Sebastian were on their knees, tied with a weird glowing cord. Amy was next to them, also facing the ground, a weird white necklace hanging around her neck.

Right next to Amy was Vanessa Rehberg. Not only her, but all the Instructors were lined there, side by side, tied up.

How did we end up like this?

Alice Green turned her head towards John, smiling.

"Look Father, I think even the last one of them is awake now."

"It seems we have a full house here tonight, honey. Instructors and rebellious students alike. What Canton has come to, I wonder."

"Don't forget stupid girls, who get burned twice."

Amy stared at Alice, her eyes filled with hatred.

"When the night is done, so will you, Green. Remember my words."

A guard hit her straight in the gut, and Amy spat blood.

"YOU FUCKING MONSTER. I'll kill you."

Sebastian was out of control, maybe for the first time in his life, but, weirdly enough, wouldn't run.

Or can't.

Aldus laughed heartily, puffing his chest.
"Who said chivalry is dead? There are still gentlemen around us, it seems. Such a shame you are a bunch of idiots."

Vanessa stared at Aldus with two deadly eyes, and he gave her his brightest of smiles.

"What's wrong darling? You can't handle a little slice of truth? You really thought I wasn't going to find out about your little "plans"? I have eyes and ears everywhere. I knew you were poking around my office. You thought I was going to comply with your boyfriend's "no cameras" policy? My cameras are all over the place."

Aldus turned his head and faced John.

"And you, lad, the last son of the Lucas family, such a disappointment. I was mildly amused when my guards informed me of some shady individuals outside my mansion. A bunch of kids. I knew you were going to make your move, sooner or later. The fact that you all decided to be here on the same day, is just a happy coincidence for me."

"Shut up."

The words came out of Vanessa's mouth, loud and clear.

A look of disbelief was all over Aldus' face.