The Unexpected Revelation

"Val, wake up, please..."

A gentle nudge and a whisper. Val opened her eyes alarmed, and came face to face with Amy's eyes, who were wide and full of tears.

"Amy?"

Val started but was interrupted by her friend.

"The roof."

She gently hugged Val and the both of were transported within seconds.

The sudden wind gust blew Val's hair, as they reached their destination.

The Academy's roof was only being used for training sessions, so being there outside practicing hours was strictly forbidden. Of course, that didn't stop Sebastian from discovering certain tight angles, invisible by the cameras. It was that particular spot on the ledge, where the both of them sat.

Val felt the cool air on her arms and legs. It was a nice, enjoyable feeling. If only her friend sitting next to her, didn't cry her heart out. Val hugged Amy tight, and place her head against hers.

"What's wrong, honey?"

"Remember, after the incident with Alice Green... You said something. You said "There is no real friendship with secrets and lies"".

"Amy, has that something to do with today's test? And the building. You've been pretty upset since that whole ordeal... Not quite yourself."

Amy nodded and the wails shook her.

"Val, I will tell you everything. You are the first person to ever find out. But please promise me you won't hate me."

Val chuckled uncomfortably.

"Amy, what the hell? Why should I hate you? Did you kill someone?"

She tried to joke around the matter, feeling extremely uncomfortable. But Amy looked at her with wide eyes.

"I did."

"Amy, what?"

"I killed myself."

***

"Amy Wyatt is not my real name."

Amy begun her story with that sentence.

"My real name is Amelia Rosenberg"

"Rosenberg? As THE Amelia Rosenberg, who was found dead three years ago, under a bridge?"

Val still remembered the story that had shook Canton to the core. Even in the Asylum she had seen the photos of the tabloids. She remembered the family crying in the pictures, heartbroken. Especially the High Counsellor.

"That one. I was born Amelia Rosenberg, in the household of the most powerful Rosenberg to that day, Howard. I was an unwanted child, since my father already had a son and heir for his business. My brother and my father were too sadistic men, looking down on women. They used to chase me down every chance they could, and hit me. As hard as they could."

"What about your mom?"

"My mom was too occupied with her depression to even care. I don't blame her, though. She was given to my father against her will, when she was only sixteen. Her son grew up to be a bastard, and her daughter was a wild, stubborn child... The only person who ever cared about me, was uncle Tom."

"The..."

"Yeah, him. I think I was around nine or ten when my brother's beating send me to the hospital. It was then when Tom took me to live with him. I think those were the happiest days of my life. He is really cut out to be a father, you know. My happiness was sort-lived. My father claimed me back, two years later."