Deliverance

The Ribbons packed them both in the black trucks and took off. Henry was bound hands and feet. He was almost certain that he could free himself if he really tried, but what about the Coffin? He certainly didn't want to leave the girl with Ted and his gang. It would be too much for his already mortally wounded consciousness.

Instead of making a dramatic escape, Henry tried to find out more about their destination.

"So, a nice touch working for Green eh, Ted? I bet he'll be thrilled, now that you are going to take us to him."

Ted laughed, really amused.

"Poor bastard, you think a powerful man like Aldus has an interest in seeing you or the vermin in the Coffin behind you? To speak to you? You are totally delusional. The caves are our destination. There you will be judged and executed. No one is ever going to find you there. Not even a small piece of your bones will be found after we are done with you."

He smiled a crazed smile. Henry tried to remain calm.

I am going to free myself. Then I am going to struggle him and take control of the vehicle.

He'd loosened his ties quite a bit actually, when the car abruptly changed direction.

"What the fuck are you doing idiot? You are going the wrong way!"

Ted screamed to his driver.

"Boss, the wheel, it's acting up on its own. I don't control it."

The driver started panicking.

"Look, the others too, they are going the wrong way."

The black truck in front of them signalled them, that something was amiss. Ted tried to remain calm. He addressed Henry in a threatening note.

"If this is one of your tricks, White, too bad. It's not going to stop me from killing you."

Henry remained silent, trying his best to look surprised. But he knew where they were going.

The caves. Aurelia.

For reasons unknown the Holy Deity was calling them.

***

The cars stopped abruptly in front of her cave. The large dark opening was less than inviting, scary even, but the Ribbons started walking towards it, mesmerized.

The inside hadn't changed at all those last few months. Aurelia was there, of course, a light blue aura, curled up like a little ball, standing mid-air against all laws of nature.

The Ribbons exclaimed in awe. Ted started realizing what was going on. But instead of fear, his mouth shaped in a crazy grin.

"The Deity has called us here. Say Henry, aren't you like enemies or something? Even she wants you dead, it seems."

Ted turned around again, facing the blue ball.

"Don't worry holy lady, we will do as you wish."

The blue aura shook and waved, spreading a beautiful light to the cave's inner walls. The rest of the Ribbons had fallen on their knees, praying on the miracle that stood right in front of them.

They are losing it fast, under her influence. I have to do something.

The ties were now hanging loose from Henry's hands, but even if he freed himself, he couldn't face five armed thugs, just with his bare hands. But his prisoner would.

The girl, a little desperate voice whispered in his mind. She resisted Alice Green and survived. She is probably very fast, and powerful.