Revenge

"Oh my God, Henry, it's so good to see you."

Beth was hugging him warmly. It felt good to be back indeed. His head turned towards the four young faces who looked at him, mesmerized.

"So, let me do a little bit of guesswork here. Amy, Sebastian, Mike and..."

He took a good look at the handsome guy with the glasses and the attitude.

"John."

They all nodded, their mouths hanging open.

"So here's what we're going to do. Aldus tries to escape, and he probably has back-up. We need to hurry. But..."

His hand caught Amy's arm before she teleported, stopping her right on her tracks.

"We're stop acting like hot-headed fools, and stay together. Understood?"

Amy sulked, but nodded in agreement. One head injury was enough for a life time.

"What about Valentine? Can at least follow her and say, help her, if she needs to?"

John the knight.

Henry turned his head and looked at a wounded and pretty shaken Tom. Vanessa was at his side, his head on her lap, trying to make contact with her cell phone. Her tries were in vain, since Aldus had closed down any local communication lines. They were on their own.

"John, you'll stay with High Counsellor Rosenberg. You are the only one who can protect him right now. The Instructors are coming with me, and so are you three."

"Henry..." Pete's worried voice was heard behind him.

"We have a problem."

The black vans appeared around their corner, their tires screeching from the braking force. At least ten enormous black vehicles, with huge double doors which opened rather hastily, violently. Ribbons came out of every single van, until there were more than hundred people facing them directly. Some were laughing, armed to the brim, some were screaming wildly. In front of them was Aldus Green, shouting orders.

"Ok. No panic. No stress. Deep breaths..."

"Henry..."

"I'm trying to think!"

"Can you please look behind you?"

He followed Sebastian's finger, gazing in the distance. And he saw them. There were people, many people, coming directly at them, all dressed and black and white.

No. Not ordinary people. Heroes.

"How? Aldus has cut down..."

"All communications, I know. But not our PAs. They are my specialty. Unstoppable."

Amy hugged him so tight, the poor fellow looked like he would burst from joy. Henry laughed despite of himself.

He looked in front of him, to the shouting Ribbons, still oblivious to their fate.

"Kids, let's get to it."

***

Fires were shot. Ribbons with melee weapons and knives took up the front, thrusting and kicking at the kids. Armed private guards were shouting orders. But they were no match for the Academy.

A full blown attack was launched from the students and the Ribbons realised after a short while, how badly outnumbered they were.

"Be careful with the white shiny cords. They are absorbing your Powers. When you see one of those, leave them to me."