The Party

Just Dance Club, 21:00 – 20th July, 250 A.D

"You look wonderful, honey."

"I have an amazing make-up artist to thank for that, Missy"

"It's quite easy when the model is almost perfect on its own."

Amy Wyatt blushed. She lowered her gaze and smiled nervously.

"Even stars in the making blush, it seems." Missy, her personal assistant laughed while teasing her. Amy remained silent, thoughts circling her mind.

Great star in the making... almost perfect model...

Missy's words boosted her self-esteem, which was marginally lower than someone would have guessed.

She stood in front of an enormous mirror in her small dressing room. She looked at herself, turning around in a cute, girly fashion.

Amy was by definition a small lady. Short, with a body full of muscles and curves in all the right places. Her face was simply beautiful, with blonde long hair, high cheekbones, a small nose, pink full lips and big green eyes.

I wouldn't want me any other way, she thought while looking straight in the mirror, turning left and right. Her broken self-esteem had nothing to do with her appearance. Her problems were deeply psychological, stabbing her brain like a thin needle when someone complimented her or tried to approach her, even as a friend.

"I don't even understand why they call you the Ice Queen", Missy had told her one night, when too much wine consumption had turned them both pretty talkative.

"True, you seem a little cold at first, but you are really sweet underneath Amy. At least after a couple of drinks", she had added, laughing.

Amy appreciated her words. She wasn't cold or hard. She liked having people around her. As long as they kept their hands away...

Those monstrous long arms with their stone-cold fingers, terrifying like a witch's fingernails, touching her hair, her skin, her private parts, wanting to caress her but in reality, hurting her, carving bleeding scars all over her body and soul...

She shuddered at the thought and came back to reality.

"Another one of the anxiety attacks, darling?"

"Yeah, it's gone now. No point in worrying."

Anxiety attacks, that's what the whole world knew and believed. How was she supposed to explain them anyway?

"I am not worried, sweetie. It's normal, in your age and line of work. Just breathe."

In your age and line of work. Yeah, perfectly normal if someone thought that she was nineteen and already a rising power in the singing industry of Canton, the best in the chain of newcomers. Deep down, she was afraid of her sudden rise to the top. She had taken up the offer of the record company mainly as a joke, but now people recognised her in the streets.

Too much exposure... Someone is bound to notice, sooner or later. Maybe she would consider taking a break and disappear altogether, after her gig in the club tonight. A gig that was already sold out from day two, making her extra nervous about her performance.

"You are going to be extraordinary as always, honey. With a voice like yours, I wouldn't have a care in the world. Just go out there and dazzle them like you always do" said Missy, reading her thoughts as usual.