Chapter 2

"The hell you're doing in my room??" He growled as he sat up.

"I-i just came here to wa-wake you up!!" I stammered

"I'm up, now...get the hell out of my room" he said.

I left his room instantly. This is what happen everyday. From the last two years, I'm witnessing his anger, hate.

When I look back to those days when we were married once, he use to be so happy, so carefree...and now, it feels like as if he has turned all his emotions off towards me.

It wasn't his fault though, I turned him like this. If I would have used my mind and didn't have betrayed him, then all of this wouldn't have happened.

"Madam?" Sarah called.

"Yes?"

"The omelette" she said.

"Yeah, I'm making. Please, set the table, he'll be down soon." I said.

"Yes, Mam" Sarah left.

I quickly made Omelette and toast along with Orange juice and a bowl of cereals. Sarah came and took the tray outside, me walking behind her. Checking twice that everything was perfect or not, I finally relaxed. Sitting on the chair, patiently, I waited for him. Not more than a minute passed when I noticed that the newspaper on the dining table was missing. I quickly rushed to bring the newspaper before he could again shout.

While coming back, I was in such a hurry that I tripped and I was about to fall when somebody caught me. I panicked and closed my eyes, waiting to feel the impact, but thanks to that person who saved me, and in all actuality I didn't felled down. Calming down my racing heart, I opened my eyes to see grey eyes boring into mine hazel eyes.

My heart beat started racing again and my body went limp, once again making me fall down but this time Ashar, held me tight, bringing me upwards. I was clutching his shirt so tightly as if my life dependent on it. This wasn't the first time, that we've been this close, Of Course! We've been way far than this, we had Shezan.

But still this feels so new. One simple grip on my back brought every nerves of my body alive. Sucking in the air, I tried to stand properly but failing miserably. I could feel him getting annoyed by the way I was reacting but this is what, my body was making me react.

"Stop acting! It's not the first time that I've touched you." He said, gritting his teeth.

"I-I am not acting" I replied softly.

"Try this shit with someone else!" With that he left me with a jerk, making me stumble backwards. Blinking few times, I mumbled "Sorry, I should have been more careful."

"It's nothing new, Laiba. You know very well how to play with someone's feelings!" He said sitting down on the chair.

"Ashar, how many times I'm gonna apologize for all the mistakes that I've made. I know--" I was cut off when he roughly grabbed the back of my hair.

"Mistake? No Laiba, No. You have done a great sin!! Not only you spoiled my life, you didn't even thought of your son, Shezan? You then went on with Arhaan and even spoiled the life of Yahya...Because of you, Mahira would have been dead. And after spoiling everyone's life, you again came back to me? Should I laugh at my luck or Curse?" He said glaring at me.

His words pinched the core of my heart.

"You are a Sinner!! I loathe you!" He said pushing me away.

"I didn't came back to you by my own will, You brought me back to Yours and Shezan's life." I said pointing at him.

"That's why I curse myself everyday for what I did two years back." He said running his fingers through his hair.

"Stop blaming me for everything, Ashar. I know I commited great sin or mistake, whatever you like to say but everyday, everynight, every second, I've apologized too, Ashar. Everyday, I wake up with a hope that today, you might forgive me, but no, you make everyday worse for me to stay here. How many times do I even had to prove you?

I wasn't suppose to come back to you, Ashar. Our destiny brought us together, again. Two years, Ashar. Two years....Stop it now, Please." I felled down on my knees, crying.

"Shezan needed you, that's why you are here." He said emotionlessly.

"Only Shezan needed me? If that was the case then Shezan would have happily stayed with me in my home, why marrying me?" I asked looking at him in the eyes.

"Because, I couldn't live without Shezan." He said getting irritated.

Smiling I said, "Who are you fooling, Ashar? Me or Your Own Self?"

"Enough! I'm going." He said brushing past me.

"Why do you keep denying, Ashar? It's very much obvious that you still have feelings for me" I said without looking at him.

"The day you left me and Shezan alone was the day I stopped loving you." With that he left, shaking me to the core.

I didn't give myself time to ponder upon any of his words or cry over it because our argument has become our daily routine, of our lives. What happened two years back was not in my hand but it was in his hands for sure and he for sure could have stopped this, but he added more fuel to this.

And now he blames me.