Chapter 18

Flashback...

"No, No, No! You're not understanding. I want it to be on my table by tomorrow morning!" A loud frustrated sound rang across the hall room and right into her ear, making her groan and shuffle.

"I want that file to be rechecked not twice but thrice and thoroughly. Do you understand?" The vocals rising up, making her cringe and forcing her to change her side.

"Did you just say, No?? Do you even know who are you speaking to?" A huge growl vibrated through his chest making the sofa shake and she covering her ears with the cushion!

"The hell is wrong with you!!!" A thunder bolted in the sky, making the large glass wall in the living room clang and her heart just leaped out of her chest.

"Enough is enough! You're not working for free Mr.Ali!!" He hissed through his clenched teeth making her huff!!

"MR.AZHAR ALI !! I DO NOT LISTEN NO FOR AN ANSWER!!" This was the last blow making her open her eyes and jumping out of the sofa.

"I swear I'm gonna burry you alive with my own bare hands. You rotten piece of egg and stale bread with flies buzzing around you!!" She cursed in her own way, hands on her hips, nose flaring in anger and smoke coming out of her ears. She carelessly blew away a stubborn lock that poked her eyes and threw daggers at him.

He just looked at her and gave her a guilty smile before running his fingers through his thick brown hair. Her gaze didn't missed the shine and glossiness that his hair reflected. Squinting her eyes and furrowing her eyebrows, she threw the cushion at him.

Instantly he whipped around rubbing his back, squinting his eyes, his eyebrows casted downwards. "What? Be a man and attack me from front!" He said keeping his right hand over his cell so that the other person couldn't hear him.

And at the exact moment another cushion was thrown right at his face making him stumble back!

He pouted and did a give-me-one-minute gesture before turning back and running his finger through his hair, again.

"Yes, I've made myself very clear. I want it by tomorrow morning and that's it!" With that he ended the call. Keeping his cell on the kitchen island, he leaned against the island, gripping the grey marble, tightly.

It didn't took her a second also to stand beside him. Placing her hand on his hand and cupping his cheek by the other hand, she made him look at her.

"You alright?" Her eyes roamed all around his face, not even missing a slightest spot go unnoticed!

"I'm fine, Laiba. I'm just feeling a bit light headed" he said softly. She quickly put the back of her hand on his forehead, checking for any sign of the fever but released a breath of relief.

"Come, sit!" She said and helped him in walking. Making him sit properly on the sofa, she asked, "Coffee?" He only nodded in response. Giving him one last glance, she went into the kitchen to make Coffee for themselves.

Not even a minute passed when he came and told her that he's going in the balcony.

With Coffee in her hand she walked slowly towards his room, which has an attached balcony. The door of his room was already opened so she didn't had any difficulty walking inside. Walking barefoot towards the balcony, she felt at ease. The light breeze that teased her, threatening to open her messy bun and letting free, her thick luscious brown hair to adorn her back and cascade her slim waist, indicating in the hushed whisper, the upcoming of Snowy Season.