Chapter 29

A knock on the door grabbed my attention. Placing the pillow back on her bed I walked towards the door, opening it.

"Dad?" It wasn't suppose to come out as a question yet it did. I wasn't surprise to see him standing by my room door but I was curious enough to know what makes my dad bring to my room. 'Cause it has been almost three days since I have been discharged from the hospital and not even once also my dad has visited me like this.

Raising two mugs of coffee my dad smiled sheepishly silently asking for my permission to come inside. Opening the door a bit wider I stepped aside letting him come inside.

"I was craving coffee but wasn't looking forward to drink alone and who a better a company than you?" He said giving me my mug.

"Thanks but you didn't need to make coffee excuse to come to my room." I walked ahead of him taking seat by my window while he sat on the edge of the bed facing me.

Crossing my legs I took a sip of my coffee nodding my head in appreciation as I took a sip, "Not bad!!"

"Oh, I'm flattered!!" dad made an attempt to fake fan himself making me chuckle. "It's been long...isn't it?"

I froze for a second before nodding my head, "Indeed it has been..."

"How have you been?" He asked

"Don't you think you're a bit late to ask this question?" I looked at him.

"It's never too late, Laiba!" He replied.

"It is dad...it is!" I kept the mug beside me.

"We can always catch up, you know?" He shrugged

"Why did you left?" I was straight with my question but not ashamed.

"It was the situation demand"

"And was it the situation that restricted you from contacting your only heir? To leave her behind and never look out for her?" I asked.

"No Laiba. I never distanced myself from you it's just that I didn't came in front of you. I knew where you were? What you were doing? Whom you are with? Which subject did you took, your friends...everything!!" He leaned forward resting his hands on his knee.

"Basically you were stalking?"

"If that's how you're gonna put it than yes!"

"And you're happy with it?" I asked

"No Laiba a father can never be happy without his child" he quickly shook his head

"And what about a mother, Dad? Will she?"

"Laiba..."

"You both didn't left an ounce of space also to prick me, hurt me." My tone held accusation and yet once again I wasn't ashamed of it.

"My intention was to never hurt you, my child!"

"Yet you did!" I took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry!"

"Will it bring back my childhood where I use to lock myself in the store room so that I can't hear you both arguing over petty things?"

His head snapped up after hearing me. "Yes dad, I heard everything...everything even when I was a mistake for you both!"

"Am I?" I looked dead in the eyes of her father.

"Never you are not a mistake but a beautiful creation which only bloomed our relationship more!"

"It didn't looked like that!" I chuckled bitterly.

"We both were young when we got married and had you! We didn't got the time to even know each other properly!"