Percy -Mist-

I run up Camp Half-Blood Hill, Annabeth chasing after me. I can't believe it I just can't after everything I have done for her she had to go and kiss that son of Ares. I found them in the forest after I had been looking for Annabeth because I couldn't find her. And there they we in the woods making out. I bolt but I see Annabeth look at me guilt ridden. I whistle of Mrs O'Leary. She appears out of the shadow and I climb on her back and is about leave when I hear Annabeth shout,

"Wait, please." Her words are so full of guilt and regret I stop I turn to her.

"I am going, Annabeth you can't stop me," I say.

"Percy I am sorry it isn't what it seems, please don't go," she begs.

"You know my flaw, yet you go stuff like that, Annabeth. I hope your happy with Michael, I really am," I say sincerely.

"Percy..." she starts but I shadow travel away. We land outside my apartment block and give Mrs O'Leary a pat and rush up to my room. I start to pack clothes, toiletries, and money from a stash I have under my bed. I run out of the apartment door, but change my mind and rush back in to write a note to my mom. I write "Hi Mom, I am going away for a bit, I will be fine as a full grown adult, I will miss you and maybe come to visit but know I will be safe, but I am leaving because something terrible has happened to me and I can't take it anymore, so I am going. I love you. Percy." I set the note on the kitchen counter knowing she will find it. I catch a cab to the airport. I book tickets to Brisbane, Australia, somewhere far away. As much as I hate flying I have to leave. I sort out moving rights to Australia and bored my flight. I grip my seat as the plane takes off and stare out the window at New York fading into the background. I try to relax and fall into a peaceful sleep. When I wake up I wipe my mouth and yawn.

"You drool in your sleep," someone says. I turn expecting it to be Annabeth but it is a guy around my age with curly brown hair and hazel eyes. I frown.

"Sorry not to be mean or anything," he says.

"No problem, I am Percy Jackson," I say holding out my hand.

"Jack Hills, nice to meet you," he shakes my hand, "Why you going to Australia?"

"Just to escape life, you know?" I reply.

"Sure well I am returning home from a year of traveling," he says.

"That's cool," I tell him.

"Hey you got a place lined up, to stay?" he questions.

"Nah I was going to get to that when I get there," I answer.

"You want to bunk with me, I have an apartment I was renting out when I was away."

"That would be great. Thanks" we talk a bit about Australia and again I freak out as we land.

"Don't like flying do yah?" Jack asks.

"Not a favourite of my uncle," I tell him. He looks at me weirdly. We catch a taxi to his apartment block, it is nice and I relies I will have to get a job, if I want to pitch in, in the expenses. After a tour of the apartment I fall in my new bed, into a deep sleep.

My dream consists, of seeing Michael and Annabeth standing in a clearing.

"I am worried for Percy," Annabeth says. My hopes lift.

"You shouldn't your with me and I am way better," Michael brags.

"But..." Annabeth starts.

"Percy sucked, I am better than him, and you are with me not him." He tells her. She smiles.

"Your right, you are way better," she laughs, "I don't even know why I dated him." She grabs his hand and drags him into camp. Everyone smiles and waves at him, like they use to do to me. I see the rest of the seven. Michael jumps on stage.

"People," he announces, "Percy Jackson has left you like the prissy he is." People applaud.

"And me and Annabeth have started dating." The Aphrodite cabin scream, people clap the couple. The seven come up and clap Michael on the back saying things like, "Good on you guys," and "At last."

The dream ends. They smells of bacon lures me from my sleep. I wonder into the kitchen, Jack is up cooking bacon and pancakes.

"Can you dye...?" I trail off. New beginning, out with the old in with the new.

"Sorry what?" Jack says.

"Nothing sorry," I smile. A fresh start, perfect.

UQ9�Vo�Ң