Chapter 8

I heard Cameron and Ariana laughing up in the loft. I didn't know how I would deal with it. I mean I trusted them but I just didn't feel like they should be up there alone, I looked at my bedroom door and wondered what Letty was doing. I felt my heart break a little more than it already was, I looked away from the door and back at the screen Tej had pulled up. It had Takashi's picture on it, they were discussing where he could possibly be at this moment.

Ariana's POV
I laughed at what Cameron said, he laughed with me. I knew this was a good idea, getting back together with him. I knew that they would all be leaving when they caught Takashi, I had to stay behind in Tokyo and wait for Hobbs to clear my record. I caught myself about to cry, I grabbed Cameron's hand and held it, we sat there for about the next two hours. Not talking, not making a sound, just being together was enough for us.

Brian's POV
We were all discussing how we were going to find Takashi again, Dom was naming things and Sean was disagreeing with everything. He was saying there is only one place that Takashi would go too, but before we did that all of us that didn't know how to drift would learn. I looked around at everybody, my son and wife were the most important people in my life, they signed up for this. I thought about Shawn and Madison, they were both sitting at Mando's. Cameron was also family, and I promised his mother I would take care of him.
I agreed with Sean, we'd all learn to drift. But we only had a few weeks to do it, Cameron and Ariana came downstairs. We told them our plan, they agreed, Ariana smiled. Out of us she was the most skilled drifter along with Sean, them being drift king and queen. I saw the excitement in Ariana's eyes as we told her we were starting tonight.
"You do realize that we have to go to multiple races, and that should give you a good look at what we do." She said, Cameron was nodding along with what she said. Twinkie spoke up next.
"She's got a point, most people have a knack for watching and learning. Considering the way Dom drives he knows from experience." He looked at Dom, Dom was already looking at him. I smiled, good old Dom always scaring people.
"I agree with Ariana, everybody get to their cars." I heard Sean say. I nodded again and I grabbed Mia's hand and we headed towards our cars.
"I love you." I said and squeezed her hand.
"I love you too." She said and squeezed my hand back.

Ariana's POV
We were all in our cars. I sat in mine and thought for a few seconds, we were going to have everyone learn how to drift. I picked up the walkie- talkie and talked.
"You guys ready to watch and learn?" I asked, Hobbs answered back first.
"Yes and No here." I laughed, Brian responded next.
"Yes, I've been asking Sean for years to teach me." I smiled, Dad answered next.
"Listen we get to the race and we race as many people as we need too to learn." I nodded my head, even though they couldn't see me.
"Well you better learn fast." I said, I heard a car start. I started mine and everyone else did the same, I revved my engine. I felt the roar of my car underneath my feet, I smiled. I knew that when I go home I wouldn't be able to bring my car, but I'd enjoy it while it lasted.
"Ariana?" I heard Cameron's voice on the walkie-talkie he gave me so just us could talk.
"Cameron?" I asked picking the walkie-talkie up, I could almost hearing him talking to me.
"I love you. I just wanted to say that." We started down the street when he said that. I smiled, he knew his way into a girl's heart.
"I love you too." I said and I looked out my window and saw a car coming right at me, I hit the breaks and climbed over to the passenger side and tried to open the doors and it wouldn't open. I tried to break the glass, but I realized that when Han gave it to Sean he made it harder to get out.
"Fuck!" I screamed, I climbed back over to the drivers side. I then felt the sensation of the car flipping, I buckled myself and screamed. One of the walkie-talkies hit me in the head and I felt myself drift off into a dream like state, I jerked my head up and realized the car had stopped flipping. I unbuckled and grabbed the walkie-talkie I used last, but then I heard the crackling sound of gas drops. Like the ones I heard over the walkie-talkie when Leon died.

Cameron's POV
I saw her car go flying in the air, I slammed on my breaks and jumped out watching her car come to a stop I could make out her body on the hood of the car she was reaching for something and then she stopped. Before I could go help her out her car went up in flames, I screamed not realizing it. Dom was next to me, his eyes looked watery. I noticed the last time he saw his daughter was at the warehouse.
"I love you..." I said quietly, I could hear Dom say the same thing.