Chapter 9

I woke up outside my car, I looked at my car engulfed in flames. Han and I almost died the same way, I laid against the sidewalk. Some people came to check on me, I told them all I was okay. I heard someone scream and I sat up, I knew that screamed all too well. It was Mia. I jumped up and started running towards her when my car exploded causing me to go flying backwards, me and a few other people hit a wall.
Mia screamed again, and I heard a bunch of Japanese people scream too. I felt myself slide down a wall, I stood up and brushed off the the dirt. I ran towards Mia and when she saw me she came running towards me. Cameron and dad saw me and sighed in relief and came towards me too, I hugged Mia and told her I broke the back window just in time.
Cameron wrapped me up in his arms, I felt the familiar feeling of being wanted. I let myself melt in his arms, I heard my dad fake cough. I pulled away from Cameron and jumped into my father's arms, I missed him. We might not get along all the time but I still love him and wouldn't want to change the way our relationship is. I started thinking and before long a memory surfaced.

Beginning
I was sitting by the front window waiting for mom and dad to get home, dad said they should've been home an hour ago. They've never been this late before, could something gone wrong? I worried to much, I needed to stop worrying so much. I heard their car before I could see them, I jumped off the couch and ran towards the front door. I opened it and they pulled in the driveway, dad got out first and I ran up and hugged him. He wrapped arms around my tiny thirteen year old body, he kissed my head and told how sorry he was that they were late.
End

Dad had always been the one to tell me he was sorry, now it was my turn. I was sorry for doing the stupid shit I've done, to putting myself in prison, to breaking out and coming out to Tokyo and becoming drift queen. I was sorry for making him worry when I went out and got myself in trouble for the first time, I was sorry for making him feel sorry for me when I thought I broke my wrist in a fight at school.
"Dad... I'm sorry..." I said, his arms tightened around me. I knew what he was going to say before he actually said it.
"No... Baby I'm sorry..." I knew it, I knew he'd say he was sorry.

Cameron's POV
Ariana was okay and was alive, her and Dom were hugging when she said something that I couldn't hear.
"No... Baby I'm sorry..." I heard him say back to her, I almost smiled. She must of said how sorry she was for scaring him, I was beyond scared I was going to lose her before we could actually clean her record and bring her home. I was scared I might lose the love of my life, her Dom let go of each other and she turned around and hugged me. I hugged her back, I kissed her head and hugged her tighter.
"I love you, I just wanted to say that." I heard her say, it was what I said to her right before her car went flying. I smiled to myself and said it back to her.
"I love you too, I just wanted to say that." She hugged me even tighter and I could feel her smile into my chest.

--

We made it to the race without someone else almost dying, Ariana decided to ride with Dom, I told her I didn't care but I kinda did. I understand that he's her father but the way he acted around her when we first got here showed he was angry at her about her breaking out of prison and coming to Tokyo. I understood where he was coming from, I was angry at myself for putting her in prison.
Sean was out of his car before anyone else, when Ariana got out everyone surrounded her asking her about what happened with her and Takashi. She was saying it wasn't meant to be and told them to move the fuck out of her way, they made a path for her to walk through. I was shocked that she got that kind've attention here, I had never seen people do that in L.A. I was still watching her when I felt someone's hand on my shoulder, I turned around and saw Jack. Man I forgot he was out here.
"What's up man?" I asked he shook his head, he must miss Taylor and Gabrielle.
"I miss them man..." He said, I knew he would. I told him on the plane ride here. I looked over at Ariana she was smiling, how much longer would we have with each other. I thought about what would happen after I went back to America, would we try to talk to each other. Probably not, the time difference.
"We'll be home soon, I promised Taylor I'd look after you." I said, he nudged me. I smiled and so did he, we had similar smiles and had the same color eyes. You'd think we were brothers, I always thought we were and no matter what we would be.