Chapter 18

Ariana stood in front of me, she was going back to Tokyo today. I kissed her and hugged her more than once today.
   "I love you."
   "I love you too."
She turned and walked away. I just let my life walk away from me. Even if I've screwed up a couple of times.

Ariana's POV
     I walked into my apartment and someone was sitting on my couch. I dropped my stuff and turned the lights on, I saw the girl. Her long brown hair, her brown eyes. She looked like me a little, walked towards her.
   "Who the heck are you?" I asked, she smirked.
   "I'm just here to say, your boyfriend has some nice moves in bed." I looked at her confused, she stood up.
   "How do you know that?" I asked, she looked around my apartment.
   "Names Melissa, he's known me since high school. He called me up a few weeks ago and asked for me to come over to his place. I did." I looked at Melissa, she looked like she wasn't lying.
   "I bet that kid of yours is cute." I raised my eyebrows, she smirked.
   "I hope you know. I want you out of the picture, and if he ever tries to get with you again, I will hurt you and your son." I watched her walk out of my apartment.

(a week later.)

I walked into my parent's house, I must've scared the crap out of Taylor. I asked where Cameron was, she said out in the garage with my brother, dad, and uncle. I walked back out the door, I had to keep my son safe.
     Cameron saw me and smiled. I didn't smile, he walked up to me confused. I felt the tears roll down my face.
   "I guess Taylor was right! All you O'Connor men are horrible! She showed up in my house, my fucking house!" I yelled, causing Brian and dad to look over.
   "What are you talking about Ariana?" I looked at him, he went to touch my shoulder and I backed up.
   "When the hell were you going to tell me that you cheated!" I yelled, everybody inside came outside. His eyes went wide.
   "How did you find out?!" He asked.
   "Like I said. She. Showed. Up. In. My. Apartment." I yelled a little louder this time and the neighbors came out, I had tears running down my face. That chick threatened my son, I needed to do what was necessary.
   "Listen, I was bored and you weren't here so I called her up. She showed up, I just couldn't hold back." He said, which made this situation worse. I trusted him.
   "We're over. I'm done with everything you've ever done. Prison, and now this. I hope you burn in hell for this!" I yelled and turned around, I heard him say my name. I cried harder, I opened my car door and shut the door. I couldn't even look back at my family house, I didn't want to see him.

(a year later.)

Vince was standing up in his playpen, he had cake all over his face. He had just turned one and Sean was eating cake in the kitchen, Neela was feeding Vince some cake. Twinkie was playing on the PlayStation, I was sitting on the couch talking to Taylor over the phone.
   "No, he's been doing good with the big boy food. He really likes mashed potatoes, and whenever he gets the chance he eat a lot of pizza." I said, she laughed on the other end. Since my breakup with Cameron I've been talking to Taylor more.
   "Gabrielle says she misses Vince. I told her we'd go visit you soon, she was so happy she almost dropped her sippy cup. Which would have made her cry." I laughed this time. Taylor always knew how to cheer me up.
   "Momma. Momma." I looked up from my plate and saw Vince smiling, he had a stuffed animal. One I had when I was a baby, it was a dog. He named it BriBri, after his uncle Brian. I laugh every time he says it's name.
   "Cameron's here, I'll talk to you later. I love you two." I smiled weakly, she said Cameron and Jack have been hanging out a lot more this past year. I always told her the same thing.
   "Okay, I'll talk to you later. I love you three more!" I hung up and Sean and the other two left, Vince never liked it when Neela left him. But then he realized he still has his mommy, he saw me and smiled a big ole smile.
   "Mommy's gonna go get the bath ready." He whined whenever I left the room, it broke my heart but I started the water and grabbed him a towel and his shampoo and conditioner. I walked back out to where he was and took his shirt and pants off, I always waited until he was in the bathroom to take his diaper off.
   "Momma, momma." I looked at him and he smiled, I kissed his cheek and he giggled. He had never met my parents or my family. Only Hobbs and Taylor had met him, he liked Hobbs. Taylor he always made sure never left his sight.
    I sat him in the bathtub and he started splashing water, I chuckled and grabbed the shampoo. I put some in my hand and rubbed in on his head, he had a lot of hair for a kid who just turned a year. He grabbed his toy car Sean gave him for Christmas and held it up to show me, I smiled. It was the same car my Uncle Brian drives. A Toyota Supra Mark IV, he loves it when I drive it around on the side of the tub and make the noise.
     He likes it when I tell him the story of how the car was made, he giggles every time I say grandpa. Dad would be proud of me, I mean being a mom at 18 not so much, but raising a son to love cars just as much as his mommy, then he would be. I washed the shampoo out of his hair and grab the conditioner, I put just a little in his hair. He looked up at me when I was done putting it in his hair.
   "What mommy can't make sure you're clean?" I said, he smiled. The O'Connor smile, the same one that had got me in trouble. I thought about what that girl said, if I re-entered Cameron's life, even with a kid, we'd all be dead. My son has no clue who his dad is and probably never will, I watched as my kid played with his toys. He had a right to know his father.