In Ever

Thank you, Huggles26 (deviantART) for this cheerful fanart. 

It took some time—nearly all afternoon—for me to calm down enough that I didn't need Sasuke and Naruto to ground me. During that time, I shook with absolute fury, and all while I screeched and ranted inside my head to Kurama. He, at first, didn't reply to anything and actually listened, but he (unsurprisingly) got bored of my ranting and proceeded to give a rant of his own, completely different from mine and at the same time as mine (which I only vaguely listened to as I was too furious to really think straight). So after I had originally settled down I had to calm him down or else I would have been riled right back up.

It didn't surprise me that Kakashi was teaching Sasuke the Chidori. In all honesty, I really couldn't picture Sasuke without the Chidori. I suppose I was just hoping that he would teach it to me, as well.

When I released Naruto and Sasuke, I let out a slow breath.

Then my stomach rumbled and I couldn't help but blush—causing Naruto to laugh and Sasuke to do this sort of half-smile-half-smirk-part-sneer thing.

"I'll get us food," Sasuke said, standing up rather quickly.

"Something for Jiraiya-sensei as well. G-Garlic pickled, if you can. You remember what Naruto and I like?"

"Mm-hmm. This won't take long." Sasuke flickered away.

"Someone mind telling me what that was about?" Jiraiya asked in a slow drawl.

Naruto and I exchanged glances and I gave a tired nod. I wasn't really in the mood for explaining. Instead, I laid back on the grass, staring up at the blue sky and the white fluffy clouds. It didn't take long for Naruto to explain everything to Jiraiya—from my relationship with Ka... Ka... That Man to Sasuke learning the Chidori. Just hearing about him brought bile up in my throat and made my stomach churn with so much bitterness, it physically pained me.

"I see," Jiraiya said softly when Naruto finished. "Mn. Nothing you can really do about it now."

"No, there really isn't," I agreed quietly.

Naruto, however, scowled down at the grass. "I'll kick his ass."

"No, you won't," Jiraiya disagreed. "He outmatches you."

"Then I'll train and then I'll kick his ass!"

"Aniki," I whispered, "please. Not now. I just want to put this behind me and focus on the exams. If I dwell too much on it, I might do something regrettable."

Naruto glowered, scuffing his shoes.

With amazing timing, Sasuke appeared, carrying our lunches and with that, talk of That Man was over and we moved on to safer, happier topics.

('・ω・')

"I told Kakashi that I would meet him at the teahouse soon," Sasuke muttered after the four of us finished eating. "I... I should probably get going."

"Be safe," I murmured.

Sasuke's black eyes looked up towards mine and he gave a small nod. "... We will need to talk more about this, but now... The Exams are priority."

"Annoy the fuck outta him for me," Naruto instructed.

Sasuke's lips twitched into his smirk/smile/sneer again. "Don't worry. He's not getting of that lightly, but now we have one priority."

"Whatever," Naruto scoffed.

Sasuke gave a small snort before he left us.

"Well now, what an interesting morning this has been," Jiraiya muttered.