Kiddies

Fanart was a collab between Cantrona (deviantART) and myself.

I was curled up at Kakashi's side in his hospital bed. He was awake and reading his porn, but both of us were content in just allowing me to stay at his side. I was ridden with guilt at my behavior, shame dripping over me whenever I looked up and saw his bruises, and Kakashi's behavior didn't assuage my guilt in the slightest. He was acting like he deserved it.

I wondered if he secretly was a masochist.

Anyway, I had snuck into the hospital after hours and ended up sleeping in his room. I wanted to do something to make up for my behavior, for my overreaction, but it seemed like nothing would do the trick.

Still... it was nice...

Being able to relax with him again.

It was nice.

I wouldn't take it for granted ever again.

Kakashi was a precious person and I'd be damned if I ever pushed him away again.

('・ω・')

"I'm glad we can finally be team 7 again," Naruto said, piggybacking me. Don't ask why he was... he just... it was a spur of the moment type thing, okay?

"Mm-hmm," I agreed. "But I wonder what's going to happen next?"

"What do you mean?" Sasuke inquired.

"I dunno. It almost feels like... Well, let's just say that for the moment I'm not sure where our future is going."

"Who cares?" Naruto asked, swinging his legs out and momentarily forcing me to lose balance. "We're all together again, we're currently going to a BBQ at Chōji's place—free food!—and all the other rookies are gonna be there... life is good."

"At the moment," Sasuke and I said immediately. We glanced towards each other.

"Quiet before the storm," Sasuke said. "It feels like that."

"Kind of," I agreed, "but at the same time... I feel... I feel like we're ready for it."

"'Course we are, we're team 7."

I had to smile at that.

"There you guys are."

The three of us paused together, turning our heads to find—

('・ω・')

I felt myself smiling fondly to myself as I assisted Naruto by packing. The boy was positively beaming.

Sasuke and Naruto were called to lead their very own separate missions. Naruto would be leading Hinata's team in assistance of acquiring a some rare beetle for the Aburame Clan and Sasuke would be leading his own team—though I wasn't as familiar with the members—for the race in the Land of Tea. Both of them were excited as it would be first real mission as Chūnin.

I myself would be going on a mission with Jiraiya to... look for a new lead.

We were being split up, true, but it was alright. We would see each other again. Naruto was taking a quick shower and I was packing for him—as I would be leaving after he was, so I wasn't in a rush. Sasuke was already packed and chewing on some tomatoes from our garden in the kitchen. After Naruto was out of the shower, he grabbed his pack and the three of us walked down to the front gates where I bid them farewell—as they would meet up with their teams there—before heading back to the apartment for some relaxation.