Sensei

I groaned in exasperation, throwing off my shoes and collapsing onto the bed, burying my face in my pillow. "No more! No more stupid missions. It's either tediously easy or outrageously complicated. My brain can't take much more of this."

Naruto moaned in agreement, falling into his own bed. "It's only been three months since our first real mission as Chūnin and already I'm tired of this stupid rank!"

"Now, now, surely you two aren't suggesting you want to go back to being Genin?" Kakashi asked, a teasing hint in his voice. I turned my head enough to glare at him as he raided our fridge. Sasuke smirked, sitting down in front of the couch. "But onto more important matters, it's about time we discussed what the next two and a half years will be like for you three."

"What?" I deadpanned.

There was a knock at our window, with another groan I sat up to see Jiraiya grinning at us. He opened the window. "You tell 'em yet?"

"I was just about to," Kakashi replied pleasantly.

"Tell us what?" Sasuke asked.

"The three of you will be on a two and a half year long training leave," Kakashi explained.

Naruto sat up excitedly. "What? Seriously? Whad'daya mean exactly?"

"Naruto, you will be traveling strictly with Jiraiya," Kakashi said, ignoring Naruto's disappointed face. "Sasuke will be staying in the village and every six months he'll switch off on training with either me or our current ANBU Commander."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow. "An ANBU Commander?"

"He's an old comrade of mine," Kakashi elaborated. "Perhaps you've heard of him... Lightning Jaguar?"

All three of us gaped.

"What?!" Naruto demanded. "He gets to train with the Lightning Jaguar while I'm stuck with this Pervy old Sage!"

"He's retiring in a few weeks and decided to pass on a legacy of sorts before really doing so," Kakashi mused.

It was funny, actually. I didn't know much about the ANBU in my previous life, in fact I didn't really know much about anyone that didn't directly relate to the plot. Lightning Jaguar was just as famous as the White Fang or even the Sannin of Konoha. The only difference was that he rarely interacted with anyone and had no relations to us. Well, except Kakashi apparently.

But he didn't directly relate to the plot before, so he went unnoticed. There were more like that, actually. Iwa legends, Kumo legends, Kiri legends, Suna legends... every village had at least two legends of sorts that anyone would instantly recognize. The only reason they weren't mentioned was, as I said before, they didn't directly relate to the plot at hand and so were largely foreign to me. It took me a while to figure that one out, but it made sense in a way.

Konoha's Lightning Jaguar was famous in that his lightning was pure white and he could control lightning completely without handseals, not to mention his speed.

"You will train the first six months with Jaguar-san, then another six months with myself to work on your Sharigan, and back to Jaguar-san... it'll continue like that.

"What about me?" I asked curiously.

"Same as Sasuke, only instead of training with Jaguar-san you will train with me, and after our first six months you will meet back up with Jiraiya and Naruto for another six months before coming back to me," Kakashi said.

"Really?" I asked excitedly. "Yes!"

"I am pretty amazing," Jiraiya sighed happily.

I giggled while Naruto groaned in exasperation. "Why does she get to have two teachers like Sasuke, too? Why can't I?"