Ha!

This positively adorable chibi fanart was made by Mai-Shibata-Uchiha on deviantART. This may have been my phone background for a while. :) 

I tiptoed into the new apartment, and found Naruto sound asleep in his bed.

The new apartment was rather spacious and far nicer than the old one. Everything was new, and spotless. We had new furniture; a plush creamy white couch; a sturdy coffee table; a new (bigger) T.V.; a new kitchen, complete with marble tile flooring; more rugs; picture frames (though some were still empty); a bookcase filled with books, and scrolls; and even a new kitchen table. We actually got two new bedrooms to the apartment, as well. Although they were fairly empty aside from the bed and a nightstand.

I feel like we only got this nice of an apartment, because Naruto is hailed as Konoha's little hero after the invasion, I thought. I peeled off my battle-kimono and changed into pajamas as quietly as I could. I then proceeded to flop onto him, startling him awake. Naruto gave a jerk, and a shout, before he realized who was now on top of him.

"Miwa?"

"Hi."

He yawned and shoved me off, and scooted over. "Welcome home."

"... That's it?"

"It's too early for this."

"You aren't going to interrogate me?"

Naruto shrugged, opening his eyes into half-slits. "I think I get why you acted the way you did. And after... after talking it over with Sasuke, and thinking about it... I can't be upset with you. This is just how you are, and if I get upset over who you are... then what kind of brother would I be? Not a very good one if you asked me. I love you. I want you to be happy. And if this is what made you happy, then okay. I accept that. I accept you."

My heart was pounding, and joyous little butterflies were dancing in my stomach. I curled up beside my big brother and sniffled. With the back of my hand, I wiped away at my eyes. "I love you so much."

"I know," Naruto said softly. "Now get some sleep. I'll make breakfast tomorrow, okay?"

I gave a watery laugh. "Okay. It's been a while since I've had ramen for breakfast."

"It's the best medicine in the world—guaranteed happiness. And I think you could use a big dose of that right now."

"I don't know, you made me pretty happy now," I said, smiling.

Naruto chuckled. "Heh."

"Good night, Aniki."

"Good night, Imouto."

('・ω・')

When Sasuke stopped by the next morning, and saw me. He stared at me for several seconds, before walking up to me and hitting me over the head. With that done, he then said, "If you leave without us again, I will hunt you down, and drag you back."

"Well, jeeze, I feel loved," I said dryly.

Sasuke just continued to stare at me. "I'm not joking. Don't do it again."

"I'll certainly try with that as an incentive."

"Good. Naruto, what the hell are you making for breakfast?"

"Ramen!" Naruto cheered. Sasuke awarded Naruto with a disgusted look.

"Well hurry up, we got a mission," Sasuke told us.

"A mission? So soon?"

"Konoha needs the money, we've rebuilt enough that we can spare the extra hands, and we're one of the few teams capable of handling any enemies," Sasuke said with a shrug. "Kakashi's got the official mission report and will meet us in an hour."