And Died

This beautiful fanart was created by Seliiia on deviantART. :) 

Shallow POV – Jiraiya

Jiraiya flexed his fingers. He knew Orochimaru was out there, right across the bridge, just waiting for him. It was he, Jiraiya, who henged himself into Sasori and took the first steps across the bridge. It was he, Jiraiya, who Kabuto first attacked and when Orochimaru finally revealed himself, it was he, Jiraiya, who signaled for the rest of them to present themselves.

Naruto and Sasuke flanked his sides. Team Three stayed far behind them, as they were the medical-squad and they needed to remain alive. Miwako, Anko, and Kitsune had crawled down the cliff the bridge hung over, early in the morning, and hid themselves on the opposite side. They presented themselves to Orochiarmu's back, completely blocking off his exits. Team Two—Gai's team— as well as Raion were right behind Jiraiya, Naruto and Sasuke, tensed and ready for battle.

"Surrender quietly, and we might let you live," Jiraiya said, a mocking tone in his voice. They both knew he wouldn't surrender, and they both knew they wouldn't let him live if he did.

Orochimaru stared at all those who surrounded him, completely unfazed, and even Kabuto didn't seem to mind them. Instead, Orochimaru gave a low rusty chuckle. "Kukuku... right on the money, it would seem. And look, there's my Uchiha, all wrapped in a nice little bow for me."

Sasuke's face twisted into that of utter disgust and loathing as he stared at Orochimaru. Orochimaru seemed to find the face even more amusing.

"What are talking about?" Naruto demanded.

Orochimaru shook his head, his lips twitching in amusement. "I knew you were coming. Really, Konoha prides itself on its loyal shinobi, but that is only a façade."

Jiraiya tensed as he felt the first flash of pure anger spike through him.

Betrayed? By who? Only Tsunade and the El... ders... Jiraiya thought, his eyes closing as he let out a slow sigh. Of fucking course. The Elders had to be informed as so many shinobi were leaving the village, but I never thought... How did they reach us before hand?

"Bullshit! No one in Konoha would betray us, so just shut the hell up!" Naruto snarled.

"Be quiet, Naruto," Jiraiya snapped, his eyes never leaving Orochimaru's.

Orochimaru laughed; a slick and sickening sound that did nothing to calm Jiraiya's growing anger and frustration.

"I believe it's now time for me to show who I have up my sleeve, no?" Orochimaru asked, his voice condescending.

He raised his left hand, and six blurs threw themselves out of the forest. The first one to present himself was a teenaged male with long white hair and odd markings on his face. Sharp green eyes stared at Jiraiya a moment, but Jiraiya noticed that instead of the whiteness you normally saw in eyes, there was blackness.

The second blur was that of a woman with blue hair and she wore a battle kimono with the imprint of a camellia on it. The third and final blur that appeared on the bridge was someone Jiraiya vaguely recognized from the invasion, the double body Oto-nin, one of the two that managed to actually escape.

The fourth and fifth blur appeared on the opposite side of the bridge, and Jiraiya recognized them as two more Oto-nin from the invasion, the red-haired girl Miwako had killed and the arrow-boy that had also managed to escape. The sixth blur appeared just behind Orochimaru, and Jiraiya recognized him as the last Oto-nin that had been killed in the invasion.

Jiraiya flexed his fingers.

Fuck.

Shallow POV – Kimimaro