Time

I was sprawled out on the deck, basking in the warm sun. Naruto and his clones were hopping all over the place, trying to do something to help out. They were determined to not just be sitting around, waiting. I couldn't blame them, really. I wanted to be active—to do something, but I knew better.

I had to conserve my strength. I had to place all my effort into creating more chakra seals, and each seal I made drained me of my chakra for a few days. It was a tiring process, one that left me wincing and cringing, but I pressed on with it anyway. I didn't want to run the risk of running out of chakra trying to accomplish all of my goals in the war—especially considering how costly my teleportation technique was.

I had just made another seal that morning, so I felt particularly lethargic, and decided to just relax on a towel in a swimsuit on the deck. Jiraiya was sitting next to me, scribbling away at his manuscript for the next dirty book.

He had recovered nicely since his mishap with Pain, and regained full use of his vocal chords by this point. The only thing left to remind him of that day, was a nasty scar that glowed dully right next to where his heart was, and another one that criss-crossed across the front of his neck.

So?

Hmm?

We can't hold off discussing this any longer, Kurama. What are you going to do about Naruto learning to control your powers?

Hmm... All things considered, I guess I don't have much say in the matter.

You do. If you're so opposed to the idea—

I'm not.

What?

I'm not completely opposed to the idea. Naruto will need to use my power in the war. Even if our plan goes without a hitch, it'll be too risky for him not to know how to use my power.

Then... then you'll let him?

... I suppose I will. He's not a bad brat, just an idiot. Besides, he is... entertaining... to annoy.

I inwardly laughed at that. That's... I'm glad, Kurama.

Aa. Besides... this'll give you brats more time to focus on learning from your parents. In canon, they had to use up all their energy to suppress me. That energy should be better spent for them on prolonging their time with you, and teaching you what you need to know.

Kurama...

Don't even start with that sappy talk, brat. I'm just being practical! Your fool of a father mastered the Hiraishin, didn't he? And yours still uses up a lot of chakra—he should show you how to properly use it. And that mother of yours... she can use chakra chains, yeah? Well Naruto and you should know at least a little about it.

I mentally pictured myself hugging Kurama—knowing full and well he could see the image. I could feel Kurama's embarrassment at the image, as it rolled off in waves. I could just see him pulling his ears back, and baring his teeth.

Stop that.

I just giggled.

('・ω・')

With a tired yawn, at a lackadaisical pace I crawled out of my comfortable spot from below. The boat was swaying dangerously, and I had to send chakra to the bottom of my bare feet to stay gripped on it. It was still fairly early in the day - as far as I was concerned, at least, so I hadn't taken the time to get dressed in my kunoichi attire. I still wore my comfortable, if a bit raggedy, long blue sweatpants, and one of Kakashi's oversized shirts I stole a while back.