Good Girl...

Thank you, Aszel96 (deviantART) for this amazing fanart!

"Naruto and Neji now, huh?" Shikamaru muttered, leaning across the railing.

I leaned across the railing next to him, peering down into the arena. I knew how this battle was going to go; I knew Naruto would win.

"Aniki's going to win," I said quietly, confidently.

"Maybe," Shikamaru allowed. "After them it's Shino and that Dosu guy, followed by me and that troublesome woman, then Sasuke and Lee, then you and Gaara."

"Mm-hmm. Sasuke-kun will be here soon enough. Pakkun told me that they were just wrapping up and expected to get here in half an hour at most."

Shikamaru gave a grunt of acknowledgement. "... This whole thing is just troublesome."

I only shrugged. I felt a nervous flutter in the pit of my stomach, and I looked up towards Grandfather.

I had informed the staff at the hospital of my discovery, but I didn't get the chance to tell Grandfather directly. I could only assume that they told him, but with so few days until the tournament, I doubt there was much he could really do.

Why do we have to go last? That's so ridiculous!

It's just the way it is, I replied. I don't like it either, as it means the others will be more tired when the invasion starts, but there's nothing much we can do.

Hmph.

Hey, Kurama?

Mm?

I was wondering... umm... about that space where all the bijū and their jinchūriki could go to... can you do that?

You mean...? Oh. I don't know.

Can you find out?

More than likely. Are you sure you want to find out now? While the silly one-tails is still deranged?

Of course not. But I do need to start considering the future and whatnot: the Akatsuki and the other bijū and their jinchūriki.

Fair enough.

Speaking of Akatsuki... any ideas?

How about we just kill them all?

... I kind of don't want to.

... Why? Why? They don't even have any redeeming qualities.

Deidara was forced to join the Akatsuki, Sasori is suicidal, Itachi is most definitely not a bad guy, and the same applies for Nagato and Konan.

... I care, why?

I don't know. I'm just telling you that I do want to save them. At least some of them.

But they work for That Man!

But they aren't all bad.

That Man!

Madara-sama is not that bad, either!

Brat!

Stiff old fox!

Respect your superiors, damn it.

Why can't you act a bit more mature and place your grudge aside for one second?