Annoying Mission

I went back to training the following day and a pleasant routine settled. Naruto was nearly finished with his jutsu, and my own jutsu was coming along nicely. I no longer needed the tanto to manipulate Kurama's chakra in the nature change. However, without the tanto it became wild and significantly more difficult to control.

Which isn't a surprise. My chakra isn't exactly docile, Kurama commented. I snorted, glaring up at the morning sun and thrusting my hands out. Kurama's chakra burst inside of me, however it was only a very small dosage. It ran to the tips of my fingers before expelling out as red lightning. It danced around the air, the streams of light, snaking and whirling.

My brow furrowed and I willed it to obey me; to take shape.

The lightning grew brighter and brighter, blinding me, until it exploded and I was sent flying backwards.

The air was knocked out of me when I slammed into the ground. Wincing, I sat up, scowling furiously at yet another crater that was created.

I hate your chakra sometimes, you know?

Kurama's laugh gave the impression of mocking me.

"Imouto! Kurama's laughing at me again!" I heard Naruto shout from across the clearing.

"I think he's laughing at me," I said, standing up and brushing off the dirt.

I'm laughing at both of you.

"U-Um..."

The quiet voice carried across the clearing. Even Kakashi glanced up from his book to find none other than Hinata standing at the end. She was shifting nervously. "I need Miwako-chan to come with me. S-Sorry, Hokage-sama's orders."

"Eh?" Naruto asked, cocking his head. He gave a petulant pout. "Not even going to say hi to us, Hinata-chan, so mean."

Hinata's face took the bright red shade of a tomato. "S-Sorry, Naruto-kun! H-Hello! I, er..."

Naruto just gave her a good natured grin and I flickered towards her. "Ignore him, Hinata-chan. Let's go."

"H-Hai."

('・ω・')

Right after I had entered the Hokage's tower, Kurama's laugh echoed inside of me.

Your idiot brother completed his jutsu. Just like in Canon, his arm's useless now.

I guess he'll be seeing Tsunade-sama soon, too, I thought affectionately. I don't suppose you'll help with the healing process?

Humph. Don't be presumptuous, brat.

I only smiled outwardly in response.

"Oi, Miwako-chan, long time no see," Kiba grinned. I dipped my head in response.

"Hello, Kiba-san, Shino-san," I said. "Hinata-chan said Tsunade-sama wanted us...?"

Shino adjusted his glasses. "So it would seem."

I cocked my head in response, already moving down the hallway and entering Tsunade's office. The others waited outside and I closed the door behind me, frowning.

I guess Tsunade wanted them to wait outside...?

I approached Tsunade's desk and she handed me a folder.

Quickly, I began to scan through the papers presented to me.

"It's a search mission," Tsunade said plainly. "It hasn't been confirmed yet, but the ANBU Black Ops have discovered what could be Orochimaru's hideout. However, the operative has been killed and the map he sent me only shows the general area."