15- Make Them Bounce Like a Basketball

Okay, I know the story is taking a while to develop but I'm trying to write a fanfic that actually makes sense and shows development. Considering the plot... it will take a lot of chapters. I'll try and put in more time skips, maybe that will help. 🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐌🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿🐿

Dipper POV
Days went by and our plan was working. Any chance we got Kyle and I would act like a lovey-dovey couple, just for Mabel to turn around and break us apart. I dropped hints when I talked to Mabel, constantly sliding his name into the conversation. I even said that I liked him once, but she didn't seem like she was buying it. She keeps pushing the fact that Gideon was a good choice and that I should give him a chance. A chance? I've already given him like 20 chances, the fact that he needs so many should be enough.

The boys often come to the mystery shack and just hang around, buying something every time Gruncle Stan told them to scram. You'd think this would be annoying to me, but it's actually not bad. If I get thirsty, they'll get me water. If I'm bored, they'll find something for me to do. But Kyle, he talk's to me. The others know they don't really know how to have a conversation with me, so they don't bother. Kyle and I will talk like we are old friends, chatting about books, music, video games. It's like having a friend, and I think he is kind of a friend. Like Bill, only... Bill is more... Important and... Special.

Bill and I often text at night when Mabel is asleep, I told him not to come into my dreams unless it's important because I don't like the thought of him in there. Thankfully, he complied. We don't get much chance to hang out, Mabel and the boys always have me busy and Bill, well, he has work. If you can call it that.

I sit in the gift shop and listen to music. I got into Hamilton, per Kyle's suggestion. I lip sync along with 'the ten dual commandments' when the boys come strutting in. As usual, they start to compliment me and flirt. However, I just ignore them and smile at Kyle. He sits on the counter beside me and looks at the song I'm listening to. I give him an earbud and we start singing it together, laughing when we screw up and gasping when 'meet me inside' begins to play. This makes the other boys extremely jealous and they soon demand Mabel come in the room. She, of course, splits us apart.

"I have some news," she announces after everyone settles down. "I have put together a leader board and four of you will be eliminated." Everyone gasps at the news and looks around, figuring out who's going to be eliminated from this 'game'. Almost like a genie, I know who it will be. Mabel names them off one by one and four of the six cousins are kicked out of the game, leaving Gideon, Kyle, and Butch. Oh sure just keep the one who backed me into a corner and grabbed me, probably the most likely to rape and abuse me later. Sure! The eliminated leave for home and surprisingly, so do the others. Finally, I'm free of boys.
"Hey Mabel, I'm gonna go for a walk." I call. She looks at me suspiciously, like she thought I was going to meet my secret lover. Close, Mabel. Close. "I'm just gonna look for some more of those healing flowers." She thinks for a second, then nods. I smile and run out the building into the woods.

I drag my phone out of my pocket and it opens to messages, like usual, but before I can send one text a new message pops into view.

Besty🔼💛: I'm on my way!
(I decided to make his contact more cryptic just incase Mabel found my phone one day)
Me: ugh, Bill!

Bill POV
I sit on my couch flipping through a human magazine, wondering what I'm gonna do today. On the TV, is a live action camera showing my PineTree going about his everyday life. I turn my head quickly when I hear Mabel say she has an important announcement. My eyes go wide as I watch four boys be eliminated from the fight for PineTree's heart. I see him smile as the other boys leave as well and he manages to get away from that tyrant of a sister.

Me: I'm on my way!
I text, teleporting to the human world to meet my PineTree.

🌲💙: ugh, Bill!

He texts back as I land in a tree, above his head.
"Yes?" I say cheekily, jumping down from the tree and landing perfectly in front of him. I hear him gasp and start to fall to the ground, without a second to lose I grab him. I hold him in my arms I had dipped him while dancing.
"You scared me!" He huffs, looking up at me. I notice his cheeks have gone red, but he doesn't pull away. Instead he stands and lays his hands on my chest and my hands on his hips. "And how many times have I told you to stop spying on me!" He avoids eye contact and I begin to fear he's mad at me.
"Sorry" I whimper, looking down to the ground in shame.
"Awwww," I hear him say "it's okay I'm not mad at you! It's just annoying that's all." With this, he hugs me tightly. I'm surprised at first but ease into the hug after a moment.
"I know, so I brought you something!" I perk up, he looks up at me curiously. We finally break apart when I reach into my pocket to grab his gift. His eyes go wide with intrigue as I pull it out. It's a necklace, a delicate silver chain with a yellow triangle dangling from it.
"It's a charm necklace, when you wear it I receive an alert if you are under stress." I begin to explain "that way I can protect you and not have to spy on you all the time. If you are upset in any way I can just check up on you, incase you need me. It also works as a means of emergency communication. If you hold onto it tight and concentrate on something you want to say to me, I'll hear it." By the end of my explanation, PineTree has a big smile plastered on his face. I lift the chain over his head, placing it around his neck. I made the chain quite long so it would be easy to hide under his clothes.
"Thank you so much!" He exclaims, now jumping up and down giddily. I laugh and we begin to walk through the the forest, PineTree admiring his charm. "There's one thing I don't get," he says suddenly. I make a hmm sound and he continues. "Why are you so obsessed with protecting me?" This startles me at first, wheels start to turn in my head.
"Well," I start hesitantly, not really knowing the answer to his question. "Friends are supposed to look out for one another right? And with the way your life is going right now... It feels like the right thing to do." My answer is as truthful as I can be.
"Okay." He mumbles, not pushing for more of an answer. I sigh a sigh of relief and we continue to walk, chatting away like usual.