33- Best Demon for the Job

(🔝 just a random photo)

You won't believe it... I'm sick again!! I don't know why this keeps happening, maybe it's cause I'm a little stressed or something. Does that cause illness? Let me know.

Bill POV
Pinetree and I hop through the portal and end up in the large counsel room that we first went to for the tests. Ah memories. Though I could have spent more time with PineTree's great uncle, things were going so well.

"Bill Cipher and Demetri Love." The booming voice says.

"Yes. You wanted to see us?" Pinetree says.

Look how far he's come, he was terrified last time and now he's even doing the talking.

"Indeed we did, but please, talk to your boss instead. He will inform you of our decision." I nod and lead Pinetree down a hallway to my boss's office. I haven't been here since I got assigned my soulmate... Ha.

We enter the room slowly, staring at my boss with fear.

"Hello boys." He does his signature, turn around in his chair move, then beacons us to sit. We sit in front of his desk and stare blankly at him. "So I guess you know what the test results are by now..." He chuckles and we laugh along nervously. "Congratulations, but I've got other news for you today." We nod in anticipation, "we now have confirmation that the new God of love and music is you Mr. Love."

"Please, call me Demetri."

"right, well, like Bill you have a certain roll to play in this universe and all dimensions."

I see PineTree's eyes light up, he's going to get his job.

"You are responsible for all passion, of which you supply to the dimensions subconsciously. You give passion through your power when you sing, and the more passionate the song the more passion you give. Get it?" Pinetree nods and waits for more information. "But you also have another job." I look up quizzically. "Because you are able to form things from your powers, instead of teleporting them through dimensions like most demons and gods, you have the ability to create a poisonous liquid that is capable of killing even the most powerful of demons. You are the only one able to do this." He completes his explanation and leans back, waiting for us to respond.

"You mean..." Pinetree starts, dazed by the information "I'm the only demon that can kill other demons?"

"Yup," my boss laughs "not even the counsel can do that."

"So, you probably need my powers for that. Don't you?" I nod at the though, quickly coming to a conclusion for Pinetree.

"You need him to kill demons for you, when it's necessary." I blurt. The boss smiles and nods.

"That is the job, yes. We can't just get you to make us a batch of liquid, that's not how it works. The poison must be in contact with you and be injected into the heart of the demon. We need you to become an assassin for the DGA, 'Demon God Association'."

"Me?" Pinetree blurts loudly, I'm as shocked as he is. "But I'm weak and defenceless, I'm not even very powerful as a demon."

"We took that into account and decided that it would be wise if Bill was your teammate. After the test you did, it's clear that you work well together."

"But what about my job?" I say in disbelief.

"We have installed a good friend of yours into that position." He begins to laugh lightly and so do I. Soon we are howling with laughter.

"Don't tell me!" I laugh "it isn't!"

"Tad strange will be your replacement." We howl with laughter.

"Oh, I know him." Pinetree chuckles a little.

"You couldn't get a better demon for the job! But he doesn't exactly have the same powers, how will that work?" Our laughter quiets down but we are still smiling like fools.

"That is why he will have a partner, your brother."

"My brother, really? Isn't he a little occupied?"

"We've already come in contact with him and he is able to do it."

"Oh that's good."

"Bill, I didn't know you had a brother." Pinetree pipes into the conversation again.

"Heh, twin actually." I laugh nervously "we're complete opposites, but I think you'd like him. You two would be good friends."

"I'll have to meet him sometime." We all smile, silence filling the room for a moment. Then it's broken by the boss once more.

"You will go through basic training for a week and then will receive your first hit. The training starts in a week, but I suggest you start getting in shape now."

We nod to him and stand.

"It's been a pleasure Mr..." Pinetree says putting his hind out.

"Obligatus, Victor Obligatus." He finishes the sentence and shakes my boyfriend's hand.

"Right, well we'll have to have drinks or something some time." Pinetree laughs, pulling away.

"Is that what humans do to mingle? How strange, I'll have to try it."

We all laugh and bid our fair wells.

*after teleporting back home*

"Well that went well." Pinetree says nonchalantly.

"Yeah, I'm glad it wasn't something bad." I sigh in relief, that definitely could have been worse...

"Hey, do wanna have a nap? I'm tired."

"Sure honey."

We walk to our bedroom, change into more comfortable clothes and lay down. Soon we are cuddled close to each other and fast asleep. This has been a good day.

Sorry it's short.