40- Halloween party

Bill POV

PineTree's first Halloween hunt went surprisingly well. Not that I thought he couldn't be a little evil, but I didn't think he would want to. That many human years can taint a demon's culture, and he grew up without culture!

I remember being a young god. My brother and I would pretend to be human children and go trick or treating, only to scare the cheerful adults with our powers. Will (William) never liked it, he was never much of a demon, he says it's better to be nice to people because they will be nice to you. What's the fun in that?!

Pinetree definitely has some demon instincts, even if he doesn't realize it. I saw a few mortals leaving the woods with bloody noses and split lips. I also saw what he did for that cheerleader. I don't think he truly understood what happened, but I know. I've seen it once before, many years ago.

***

Dipper POV

Bill and I walked though the portal hand in hand. Once on the other side we were faced with a raging party of demons and oddities. I squeezed Bill's hand and he held me close, protecting me as we made our way through the crowd.

"You don't have to be that protective." I told him.

"Sorry, it's just instinct." He replies as we approach a group of demons.

"Hey Bill!" One of them yells. They all turn and welcome us into the huddle.

"Hey guys, how's eternity?" My boyfriend laughs to them.

"Who's this lovely thing?" A demon says from the back.

Most of the demons are in human form, which Bill had told me previously was now a trend he accidentally started. The demon that had just spoken was flouting and looked like a cloud of smoke.

"Hands off you overgrown pocket watch!" Bill shouts over the booming music.

"Hi! I'm Dipper, also known as Demetri." I say giving a little wave.

"Also known as the new god of love and music." Informs a glob of pink I see from the corner of my eye.

"Oh, hey Pytronica!" I yell. We do a little hand shake we made up, then turn back to the group like nothing had happened. I'm surprised I didn't see her at first, she's dressed like a pink witch.

"Woah! Wait a minute, you mean the all powerful and beautiful queen of all gods?!" Another demon shouts in amazement.

I can definitely feel Bill's jealousy and over protectiveness right now. It's not like he did anything wrong, just asked a question. Bill really needs to chill.

"Well, that may be a bit of an overreaction." I laugh, trying to ease the tension, "but thank you very much."

"So, the prophecy was true." Someone laughs, but from behind us this time.

"Hey Ted!" Bill shouts, hugging the man standing behind us.

I can feel Bill's anger draining away, but he still has an eye on me.

"Bill Cipher!" The man yells back, returning the hug.

They laugh and break apart. Bill puts his arm back around me protectively and the purple dressed gentleman faces me.

"And a good day to you Mrs. Cipher." He bends down and kisses my hand politely.

"First of all, I'm a guy. Second of all, we're not married." I state plainly.

A couple from the group makes "ohhhhh" sounds and laugh a little and Tad.

"My apologies, I just assumed..."

"Don't assume things Tad, it makes you look stupid." Pytronica laughs, shoving him a little.

"I-I'm sorry." He says quietly.

The whole group is silent, their eyes are all really wide.

"Tad Strange apologizing? You've been around my brother too much!" Bill laughs, shutting down the awkward tension.

Everyone laughs and shakes the odd instance off.

"Is he here?" Bill looks around expectantly, but to no avail.

"Nah, you know he doesn't like this kind of thing." Tad chuckles.

I look around and spot a bar a few feet away, oh thank god. I pretend to scratch my neck while touching the necklace I still wear from when Bill gave it to me.

"The booze here normal?" I think, hoping this thing still works.

"I thought you weren't going to drink anymore." I hear him say in my head, he sounds disappointed.

"It's one little drink, I'm not trying to cope anymore. I'll be fine." I assure him.

"I trust you." Is all I hear back.

"Hey Tad, do you wanna come get a drink with me?" I ask when the conversation dies down.

He seems surprised at first, then smiles. I see Bill nod to him and we link arms elegantly. What a gentleman.

"Apology accepted." I state blandly and we make our way through the crowd. "I'm guessing you don't do that often?"

"Never, but you're important to Bill, I can tell. It's better we get off on the right foot." He explains as the bartender comes over. "Two grasshoppers!"

"How did you know my favourite drink?" I ask astounded.

"Luck. Anyway, you and Bill aren't married yet?" Hey quickly changes the subject.

"No, why is that a surprise?"

"Well, though Bill and his pansy of a brother seem like opposites, they're pretty similar. Bill has always wanted a family, he doesn't show that side much, but he talked about it a few times. It was more like he was talking to himself though." He smiles as we get our drinks then continues. "I've known Bill for an eternity and if there's one thing I know, it's that he doesn't care too much about things. When he really does care, it's his everything. I can't imagine what would happen to him if he lost you."

"He did, my crazy bastards of a family brain washed us for a while. He won't talk about it much, but... I know he fell apart." I sigh, taking a sip of my drink.

"That's another thing about Bill. When that stone of a heart he has really beats, good fortune is at his beckon call.

With that, we walk back to the group. Everything is normal for the rest of the night, I got to know Bill's friends/lackeys, they all seemed to like me. They really liked the blood on my shirt... I only drank about half my drink in the end, just to be safe.

The words Tad said still stuck in my head though. Does Bill really love me that much? I never even thought about a family with him yet. How will we have kids? Is adoption a thing for demons? I should really do some research.

A flurry of questions spin around in my mind as I try to fall asleep. I hope Bill can't tell I'm troubled. One question suddenly sticks out, and I don't have any idea for an answer to this one.

Why hasn't he asked me yet?

If he really wanted a family, then why hasn't he told me? Maybe he does want a family, but not with me. Maybe the prophecy was really wrong, or maybe it lied?

Though all these questions cloud my brain, for once I don't think I want to get to the bottom of it.

This is a mystery that can only be solved with patience, and for once, I have all the patience in the world.