Chapter 4 Triiing Triing

"Yesss finally" the phone is ringing Manik thought as he realized that the phone is back on hook. 

"Finally I will get to hear her voice...this time I will memorize her voice totally so that I don't confuse her voice with any other voice. I cannot let her go so easily...how can she say that she dislikes me?" Manik thought as he sat up on his bed with the pillow on his lap.

Nandini rushed into the hall way to pick up the call..."Thank god this time Amms and Rishabh both are not at home...otherwise it would have been scary." Nandini thought as she picked up the receiver and whispered into the phone "Hello.."

"It is sweet...her voice is sweet...so gentle...like that of an angel" Manik thought as he listened silently. Manik could hear the fast breathing of Nandini as she licked her lips in tension and whispered again "Hello??"

"Hello...is it Mr. Williams?" Manik asked cocking his head sideways with a smirk.

  "No sorry...wrong number" Nandini replied...this time realizing that it was Manik and he was teasing her. Just two calls ...and Nandini now knows Manik's voice even more than Dhruv's voice.  

"Ooo...then is this Nandu speaking?" Manik asked with a little smile on his face.

"Achcha...then who is this speaking?? U didn't answer me yesterday also...Nandu..." Manik replied slowly keeping the pillow on bed and lying down.

"I am miss oversmart, remember?? U called me that." Nandini retorted with a pout on her lips.

Manik couldn't help but smile. "Ah...Miss oversmart Nandu...so U now know Manik Malhotra's voice. Kal tho bahut drama kar rahi thi and asking who Manik Malhotra and all??"

"That was not me...woh meri Amms thi..." Nandini replied sitting down on her sofa.

"Achcha...Amms?? Your Amms also have a very sweet voice...very musical" Manik replied as lay down with a smile on his face.

"Haan musical kyon nahi honge? Mere Amms music teacher hai..." Nandini said proudly.

"Ok then what to call you?? U tell me??" Manik asked with a questioning look on his face.

"Why should U call me anything?? U don't even know me properly. Aur aise bhi tho nahi hai ke U and me are going to meet or be friends or something, Mr. Manik??" Nandini asked twirling her hair around her fingers. "Kyon???" Manik asked as his expression changed from smile to anger "Kya tum sirf Dhruv se hi dosti karogi? Ya phir Kabir se???" Manik was fuming with anger.

"Haan...agar Dhruv mile tho zaroor Dhruv se dosti karoongi...and Kabir se bhi. Magar tumse tho dosti kabhi nahi ho sakta...tum bahut zyaada attitude dikhaate ho...and I like sweet persons" Nandini replied getting up from her sofa.

"U think I am not sweet?? U think I am somebody with lots of attitude??? How much do U know about me?? Have U ever met me? What U see on TV...U decide that I am that?" Manik asked getting up from bed and fuming with anger. "Ok then...keep that belief to yourself and continue to worship your Dhruv...I won't call you...ever again! Bye" Manik shouted and cut the call throwing his phone onto the bed.

"What does she think about herself? What does she even know about me??" Manik thought...his eyes screwing together in anger.

"She sounds like a commoner and all commoners are like her...full of themselves. Jab TV pe perform karte dekhte hai..tho gaana lagaake sunte rehte hai..aur uske baad jo TV pe dikhte hai usko sach maan lete hai. I better not call her again" Manik thought has he wore his black shirt..buttoning himself up.

"What just happened??" Nandini thought. She was in a shock. She didn't expect this sort of an explosive reaction from Manik Malhotra. "Did I say too much?? Did I hurt him??" Nandini thought...as she felt a drop of tear well up in her eyes. "He perhaps was wanting to be friends with me...perhaps...he is not what I thought of him to be" Nandini thought as she sat on the sofa..once again. "I shouldn't have spoke that way to him...I shouldn't have". Nandini whispered as tears started flowing down her cheeks. "What do I do?? What do I do??" Nandini felt totally helpless..for the first time. She was crying for someone...whom she disliked to the core. So was it really dislike all this while..or was it something else??