Chapter 17 1st Touch

"Navya?? Is that your name?" Manik whispered continuing to look into her eyes. His gaze was intense...it was burning through Nandini. She felt a bead of sweat trickle down her cheek. 

"Maaanik!! Usey daraao mat yaar..wo darr jaayegi! Saans bhi nahi le paayegi!" Kabir shouted running upto Manik. Manik didn't blink an eye...but his hand shot up to Kabir with a stop sign to Kabir. Manik continued to give a fiery glance to Nandini...his eyes gaining a little angry expression.  There was passion in his eyes...a strange feeling crept through Nandini as her grip on her bag tightened. Kabir stopped in his tracks and he too froze. Kabir knew that something surely was wrong.."What's going on?" Kabir thought as he looked at Navya who was standing helpless looking at Nandini and Manik. 

"Kya tumhaara naam Navya hai?" Manik asked a bit louder. "Did U say your name was Navya?" Manik asked trapping Nandini in his gaze. Nandini couldn't look away, couldn't talk...two seconds passed as a strange silence centered and it felt as if there were just 2 people in this world...Manik and Nandini. She felt the surroundings blur...she couldn't see anything other than the dark look creeping into Manik's eyes. 

"H...ha...I'm Na...Navya" a broken whisper slipped off Nandini's lips. "N..Navya..that's my name" Nandini made her voice loud as she spoke in a bit firm voice. Manik noticed the way Nandini's voice broke. Manik's eyes wandered a bit off from Nandini's eyes to her nose..her lips...her lips were quivering like the petals of a rose. They...they are beautiful...looking delicious like strawberry. He wanted to press his lips to them... but he didn't...because she is not his Nandini...she is a Navya. 

Manik backed off from Nandini... "Nice name! Navya...Hii Navya.." Manik said with a bit disappointed smile but extending his hand forward for a shake hand. Nandini was unable to take her eyes off Manik. He...is he real? Is he really a human being? Manik's gaze was like a whirlwind that caught Nandini's senses and twirled them and shook her whole self that she lost her senses...she lost herself. 

Nandini slowly raised her hand up...as she placed her tiny hand into Manik's larger hand. His fingers are so well-formed Nandini thought as she looked at the fingers that closed in on a grip around her palm. Her hands..are so soft...so soft that I can't barely feel them..Manik thought as his thumb slowly brushed over the back of her palm. "Navya...would U like to join us Fab 5 tonight for a party?" Manik asked unconsciously. He didn't want to let go of this palm..this palm which fit his hands as if they were made to be in his. Nandini couldn't believe what her ears heard just now. Kabir himself couldn't believe what he heard just now. 

"Manik invited this girl to party. Has he totally lost it??" Kabir thought as he continued to look at the couple holding hands. They look good together..Kabir thought.."Hmm..there is definitely something about this girl..that made Manik say it. But now...let me play along. I want to see what he is thinking" Kabir thought as he quickly walked forward to Navya. 

"Hii Nandu...want to join for a party with me and Manik?" Kabir asked in a friendly tone. It is Fab 5 celebration party for the success of our music video and we are giving U a special invitation to the party and to be with Fab 5! Wanna join? This is an exclusive invite for U guys! U both will be the only 2 fans attending our success party!" Kabir said walking up to Navya. 

"Yes..yes...that is so wonderful! Thanks Kabirjiii...Thanks a lott!!" Navya said highly excited.  

"Aaogi na??" Manik whispered his eyes getting larger with curiosity. 

"No...we...we have to return home." Nandini blurted out. 

"Don't worry...the party starts at 7 and we'll drop U before 9.P.M..so want to come along?" Manik asked persuasively.

"9.P.M..that's so late..we can't stay out of home too late. Chacha-chachi will be worried..." Nandini whispered not knowing how to give an excuse. 

Nandini knew that she didn't want to miss this chance...but she didn't want to go with Manik too..because his eyes...they looked as if they had some hidden plan in them.

"Won't you come?" Manik asked making a disappointed expression in a bit childish pattern as he pouted his lips like a kid. 

His innocent gaze..puppy like lonely eyes. Nandini didn't know what to say.. "ok..." Nandini whispered without she herself knowing. 

"That's like a good girl!" Manik said a bit loud as he straightened himself up and turning to look at Kabir. "So Kabir, it's a deal! Let's take these girls along with us! She has agreed to join us for the party and its going to be super fun! Right guys??" Manik asked turning to look at Navya and Nandini who were standing there with a scared look on their face. 

"Nandu...lagta hai...ye tujhe phasaaanewala hai..kahin isko pata tho nahi lag gaya na..ke tu Nandu hai?" Navya thought as she noticed an evil shine appear in Manik's eyes as if he had planned up something. Navya looked at Nandu with a worried expression and Nandini looked back at Navya...but the game is already out of hands...now Manik will play the game and Nandini...will get played! 

"Ayyappa...ab main kya karoon?" Nandini thought...she looked up at Ayyappa..but Ayyappa was too busy as he was looking at Manik with a gentle smile on his face.