Chapter 14 East or west?

Navyaa, hurry up now! It's almost 5.30 P.M.." Nandini said to Navya as she pulled her behind her and entering into the Infiniti Mall. "Actually we must not have waited for that bus. It delayed a lot. We should've caught the taxi" Nandini said in a frustrated tone.

"Haan haan...tu hi tho thi jo 1 khanta lagaa rahi thi sajne main! Laal salwar, laal bangles, laal bindi, laal hair band...tho joote hi kyon kaale rakh liye?" Navya asked teasing Nandini. 

Nandini blushed as she remembered the interview of Manik. "My favourite colour is red"

 "Navya...tu pehle yaha aayi hai??" Nandini asked looking at Navya. 

"Nahii na...magar tujhe tho Manik ne correct se bataaya haina..ke kahan jaana hai?" Navya asked looking at Nandini. 

"Haan..bataya tho tha...bola tha ke west side pe hoga!" Nandini replied looking confused at the crowded mall. 

"Arreee tujhe bataana chahiye tha na?? Abhi east west north south kaise pata lagaaoon? Tere paas compass hai kya?" Navya asked looking confused.

"Noo Navya...wo west side haina store ka naam lagta hai!" Nandini continued looking around.."magar haan 1st floor pe hai!" Nandini replied pulling Navya along up the stairs. 

"Haan...abhi tu store bolegi...tere Manik na shayad west side ke kisi shop main baitha hoga..chal hum east west north south check karte hai. In front... north...behind south...right  east, left west...chal hum left side ke stores main check karte hai!" Navya said assessing the directions. 

Nandini hit her head lightly and as she was also clueless followed after Navya. Nandini and Navya walked on and on looking around 

"Dekh!!!!!! dekh!!!!!!" Navya shouted. 

"Kya??? Manik dikhe??" Nandini asked looking in the direction in which Navya pointed. 

"Nanduuu dekh musical instruments ke dukaan shayad wahan honge!" Navya said pulling along Nandini with her. 

"Man!!!!!!!!! Where is she? I hope she doesn't lose her way!" Manik thought as he looked at the watch and at Kabir lightly hitting on a drum kept in the store. "Anyways...the time fixed for meeting is 6 and now its only 5.30. But still...I'll walk and stand near west side stores...what if she comes early?" Manik thought as he walked out of the musical instruments shop and walked in the opposite direction pulling down the sleeves of his white shirt and buttoning up the cuffs. 

Nandini and Navya entered the musical instruments store. 

"Nanduuu...tu na idhar ruk...mujhe hai ek drum khareedne hai! Jab se maine Kabir ko drums bajaate dekhe hai tv pe..humko bhi drums play karne hai" Navya replied dreamily. 

"Navyaaa...abhi 10 minutes ho chuke hai...Maine tho 6 P.M ka time bole the...chal naa chalke Manik ko dhoondte hai" 

"Ruk Nandu...bas 2 minutes...uss section main jaake drums tho dekh loon!" Navya said fascinated by the sound of drums being played from the drums section and walking in that direction. 

"Navyyyaaa..." Nandini called Navya as she followed behind her as the sound of the drums grew closer and closer. 

Navya and Nandini walked into the section as they noticed a guy sitting and playing drums. His back was turned to them...but Navya was mesmerized by his drumming skills. 

"Kyaaa bajaa raha hai kyaa bajaa raha hai!! U are sssoooper!!" Navya said loudly and hearing her voice the drums player stopped drumming and turned to look at Navya. 

Navya stood dazed! She must be dreaming...coz right in front of her was her favourite Fab 5 member Kabir! Nandini herself couldn't believe her eyes. 

"Thanks..." Kabir said with a little smile on his face. 

"K...K...Kabir..." Navya said as she felt the floor slip off from under her feet.

"Navyaaa" Nandini said as she ran towards Navya. But even before Nandini could catch her..in one leap Kabir caught hold of Navya and started tapping on her cheeks. 

"Navyaaa..." Nandini called out to Navya. 

"Bring some water" Kabir suggested to Nandini. Nandini took out the water bottle from her cloth bag and gave to Kabir. Kabir sprinkled some water on Navya's face. Navya pressed her eyes tight and gazed...she was not dreaming...it was her favourite Kabir

"K...Kabir..." Navya whispered looking with a dreamy smile on her face. 

"Are you ok?" Kabir asked looking concerned. 

"Yes..." Navya replied continued to look dreamily into her eyes as Kabir wiped the drops of water on her face. 

"Abhi aap humko chod sakte hai..." Navya replied dreamily as she found herself still in Kabir's arms. 

"U want me to make U fall down?" Kabir asked as he acted as if he was letting go of the grip. 

"Nahii..mat chodna mujhe" Navya replied scared that she might fall. 

"Ok nahi chodoonga" Kabir said with a smile as he made her stand straight. Nandini was giving a slight smile as she noticed the new chemistry going on between Kabir and Navya. 

 "waise U know me? I heard you taking my name!" Kabir said tilting his head a bit sideways. 

"Who don't know U??? I know U..." Navya replied with a huge smile. "U are Kabir...Fab 5's drummer" 

"Wo wo wo...U follow Fab 5??" Kabir asked with a huge smile on his face. 

"Kabir...tu idhar kya kar raha hai abhi tak with these girls? Come! We have some shopping to do in the west side stores" Manik said as he walked and stood right behind Nandini. 

Nandini turned hearing the voice to find Manik standing just one inch behind her looking at Kabir. She could feel the fragrance of his perfume and it was magical. 

"Aiyooo...he...he is right behind me... what do I do now?" Nandini thought as she looked at Navya standing with opened mouth looking at "The Manik Malhotra"!